User Tag List

123 Last

Default Post an Idea for a business or a way to make money

Post an Idea for business or way to make money.

I'll lead off:
    Late-Night/ Early-morning delivery of breakfast food (expanding to other types of food).

I could really go for a "grand slam" type mea right now, but am too lazy to head out.

It seems like a good thing for college towns, and people working really late into the night. That way, the'll have alternatives to pizza.

Accept the past. Live for the present. Look forward to the future.
    Robot Fusion
    "As our island of knowledge grows, so does the shore of our ignorance." John Wheeler
    "[A] scientist looking at nonscientific problems is just as dumb as the next guy." Richard Feynman
    "[P]etabytes of [] data is not the same thing as understanding emergent mechanisms and structures." Jim Crutchfield

DoubleplusUngoodNonperson
    MBTI
    Hype

Why in the 9 hells would i share any of my business ideas with you goons?

No offense, but fuck off lol :P thief!

(snarkiness aside for a minute, I highly reccomend you not share any serious business ideas in a forum like this)

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by nozflubber View Post
    Why in the 9 hells would i share any of my business ideas with you goons?

No offense, but fuck off lol :P thief!

(snarkiness aside for a minute, I highly reccomend you not share any serious business ideas in a forum like this)
    that's exactly what i was thinking. i have several but i'm not SHARING...sorry.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

Ideas are a dime a gross, man.

Do you know how many business ideas my co-workers and I have bounced off of each other during lunch time over the years? We often have 5 or 6 just over one lunch time, and many more in hallway discussions between meetings and such. We've probably had 30,000 easy over the 9 years or so.

Guess how many of those have actually been attempted? Maybe 20 (and that is very generous). Some inside the company, some starting their own companies. As far as I know, none have been a run away hit, and a couple are sustainable.

I don't believe ideas themselves are worthy of IP protection. Only the actual designs, discoveries, trademarks, branding mechanisms, etc.

How many people have had ideas of creating web-based auctions? or using e-bay to make millions? or doing whole-sale drop shipping? or other such things.

How many actually make it work?

I had an idea once for making solar cell powered electric bycicles. The technology is almost there. However, two things I discovered in my initial investigations is that:

1) This is not a market where I would have a competitve advantage as designer. This is much more of a mechanical engineer's problem, and some amount an industrial designer's problem. Someone like entropie would be far more qualified for the engineering task.

2) Distribution would be a nightmare. The best markets for these types of bikes are in the rapidly developing regions of India and China, and perhaps cities in the developed world with way too much traffic. I'm not positioned for this. Nor do I know people to do this for me, or where to find them. This is where it sucks being a severe introvert.

If someone else takes this idea and makes it work, more power to them. I've lost interest in it.

Robot Fusion
    "As our island of knowledge grows, so does the shore of our ignorance." John Wheeler
    "[A] scientist looking at nonscientific problems is just as dumb as the next guy." Richard Feynman
    "[P]etabytes of [] data is not the same thing as understanding emergent mechanisms and structures." Jim Crutchfield

MBTI
    INTP

Counterfeit council owned rubbish bags.

I don't know about anyone else but where I come from it's twenty bucks for a packet of five. If you can learn to make your own and sell them for half of even a little less you'll make a killing.
    Why do we always come here?

I guess we'll never know.

It's like a kind of torture,
    To have to watch this show.

MBTI
    Hype

Ygolo, it's not about the frequency/liklihood of it.... it's what happens to you AFTER someone steals your business idea/model...

Think about how you would feel if someone made millions off of YOUR idea? Depression/homocidal mania, anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by nozflubber View Post
    Ygolo, it's not about the frequency/liklihood of it.... it's what happens to you AFTER someone steals your business idea/model...

Think about how you would feel if someone made millions off of YOUR idea? Depression/homocidal mania, anyone?
    Frankly, I'd be elated to see solar bikes take off. I am of the "Why not?" club.

If I can't actualize an idea, I'd want someone else to do it.

When I was 12 years old I "came up" with the idea of regenerative breaking (along with a whole catamaran shaped car that ran on solar and wind power with a "solar sail" -- a wind sail made of solar-electric fiber. I was also going to have it be "pedal-able" if running low on wind, sun and battery). Little did I know regenerative breaking was already invented in 1967. I won a small prize for my concept car model. A few years later, I saw a commercial for a car touting its regenerative breaking systems...I was excited not depressed.

Oh, and in keeping with the theme of green-ideas-i-had-as-a-kid:
    Not particularly original, but I thought that health-clubs should replace their exercise machines, treadmills, cycles, etc. to ones that contain little generators which would then create electricity to be fed back to the grid.

...and look they're doing it.

not depressed.

Also from IPWatchdog.com:
    Unfortunately, despite what you may have heard, there is no effective way to protect an idea through intellectual property law. Copyright protects expression and patent law protects inventions, and neither protect ideas. In both cases the idea is the first critical step, but without some identifiable embodiment of the idea there can be no intellectual property protection. That does not mean that you should give up when you only have an idea, but it does mean that you ought to proceed to flush out your idea to the point where it is concrete enough to be more than what the law would call a mere idea. The moral of the story is that ideas alone cannot be protected, so you need to think in terms of invention.

Robot Fusion

MBTI
    Hype

well, you may not care, but someone might think this is "harmless sharing" here on this forum. It is not and ideas CAN and DO get ganked, so my post can serve as a fair warning, i suppose?

One idea I'd be willing to talk a bi t about is a new concept for video game arcade/fun house kind of deal, but would be subscriptions and not per time fee. develop a large community around it and charge outrageous amounts for pizza and candy!

Senior Member professor goodstain's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7~7
    Socionics
    IEE

I think i've mentioned this somewhere on here before. Anyway.

Enlist wealthy possessive people to incorporate your skills to stalk ex's, spouses, potential game ect on sites like my space, facebook, intelious ect. In order to have a leg up. Wether it be divorce court, ammo in a premeditated argument, or just plain general purposes.

Edit: i just gave light blue team ammo. crap. sorry Red.
    everyone uses every function about evenly. take NE for example. if there are those who don't use it much, then why are there such massive amounts of people constantly flowing through Wallmart with 20 items or less?

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

delete delete...don't do it professor! it's a ploy!!
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison