User Tag List

First 34567 Last

Results 41 to 50 of 116

  1. #41
    Freshman Member simulatedworld's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE
    Posts
    5,554

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bluemonday View Post
    Tell it to the Turkish women who are being murdered/told to kill themselves 'cos their husbands can't get it up.

    Yeah, women have all the power...
    I'm pretty sure he's referring mainly to the US/Western culture in general.

    P.S.,

    HOLY SWISS CHEESE THIS CHICK IS SERIOUSLY FROM A TOWN CALLED "BATMAN"!
    If you could be anything you want, I bet you'd be disappointed--am I right?

  2. #42
    Diabolical Kasper's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Enneagram
    9w8 so/sx
    Posts
    11,544

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by simulatedworld View Post
    And of course then you get the whole "BUT 1 IN 6 WOMEN ARE RAPE VICTIMS" routine, which conveniently ignores the fact that this statistic includes statutory rape...which OH WAIT IS NOT ACTUALLY RAPE. sigh.
    Statutory rape is rape, the second word there gives you the clue.

  3. #43
    meh Salomé's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Posts
    10,540

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by simulatedworld View Post
    I'm pretty sure he's referring mainly to the US/Western culture in general.

    P.S.,

    HOLY SWISS CHEESE THIS CHICK IS SERIOUSLY FROM A TOWN CALLED "BATMAN"!
    Then he should state his assumptions or display his ignorance.
    "Honour killings" happen in the West too.

    Your argument is nonsense. It's simply a matter of sexual economics. Supply and demand.

    PS. What?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Gosh, the world looks so small from up here on my high horse of menstruation.

  4. #44
    Freshman Member simulatedworld's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE
    Posts
    5,554

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bluemonday View Post
    Then he should state his assumptions or display his ignorance.
    "Honour killings" happen in the West too.

    Your argument is nonsense. It's simply a matter of sexual economics. Supply and demand.

    PS. What?

    It was really just a summation of sexual economics, and the fact that women control it. Biological supply and demand is a good explanation for it, but it doesn't make the point any less valid. How exactly is it nonsense?

    And considering that all of his premises were statistics and cultural references regarding cultural and educational trends in the US (click the links?), it seems to me you could have reasonably inferred that he wasn't talking about third world countries with gender relations policies from the dark ages.

    Also, I can hardly see gender-driven "honor killings" being a significant issue in the US, because gender equality is a much greater part of our cultural fabric than in say, Turkey...the linked article said that they're very difficult to prosecute in Turkey because a significant number of people in the police and judicial systems actually still agree with the ridiculous belief in honor killings, which is simply not true here. I'm sure people in the good old US of A still kill each other over honor, but forced honor suicides are not so much an issue in the West...and even so, whatever "honor killings" occur here are not gender-biased (the article even noted that the suicide rates of men triple those of women nearly everywhere else), and so they don't really fall into our little gender relations discussion here.

    P.S.,

    Then again, apparently you didn't actually read the article you linked to, either. The girl is from a Turkish town called Batman.


    Quote Originally Posted by Trinity View Post
    Statutory rape is rape, the second word there gives you the clue.
    And a clue for you: Statutory rape, while certainly not acceptable behavior in most cases, is not actually rape. There's a difference between tricking a young/naive person into giving you something and actually forcefully beating the crap out of him and taking it.

    As I said, neither is particularly morally sound, but one is a lot worse, and it's a mistake to use the term "rape" to describe both.

    More importantly, they absolutely should not carry the same severity of punishment.
    If you could be anything you want, I bet you'd be disappointed--am I right?

  5. #45
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Posts
    132

    Default

    Well, yes the woman definitely control the sex scene in the west.

    But, I think that they bare a greater risk from any single sexual transaction.

    1. A Man doesn't lose social value when he has sex, it increases. If a woman is seen
    as too easy(by you txt her for sex), she risk being call a slut.

    2. She risk having a child, nine months and the pain that it carries. Also, she has to take care of it for 16 years. Yes I know child support, but realistically does it cut it? And, is it even worth headache, when you could easy navigate such consequences by choosing the right person. Beside child birth is pain full.

    Yes, some women do use sex as a way to control a man, but then that is if you choose to be controlled.

    You can leave.(Brinkmanship - cut off supply to control me, I am gone)
    The generally counteraction for such an argument is, "You are only with me for the sex."

    If you are honest, yes, or else we will just remain friends and still have the same level of convo/interaction.
    Join my gamma group on facebook:
    http://www.facebook.com/groups/edit....id=63943661343
    Thats if you are either ENTJ, ISFJ, ESFP or INTP

  6. #46
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Posts
    132

    Default

    That was very Te of me.

    Let me mix some Fe in there.

    All Te thinking is best done with a little Fe behind it.
    Join my gamma group on facebook:
    http://www.facebook.com/groups/edit....id=63943661343
    Thats if you are either ENTJ, ISFJ, ESFP or INTP

  7. #47
    Freshman Member simulatedworld's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE
    Posts
    5,554

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chegra View Post
    Well, yes the woman definitely control the sex scene in the west.

    But, I think that they bare a greater risk from any single sexual transaction.

    1. A Man doesn't lose social value when he has sex, it increases. If a woman is seen
    as too easy(by you txt her for sex), she risk being call a slut.

    2. She risk having a child, nine months and the pain that it carries. Also, she has to take care of it for 16 years. Yes I know child support, but realistically does it cut it? And, is it even worth headache, when you could easy navigate such consequences by choosing the right person. Beside child birth is pain full.

    Yes, some women do use sex as a way to control a man, but then that is if you choose to be controlled.

    You can leave.(Brinkmanship - cut off supply to control me, I am gone)
    The generally counteraction for such an argument is, "You are only with me for the sex."

    If you are honest, yes, or else we will just remain friends and still have the same level of convo/interaction.
    True, but birth control+condoms are preeeetty effective these days. Granted women do bear the greater biological risk, and so it makes biological sense that they get the advantage of being more selective.

    It just sucks for men is all!

    P.S.,

    Bolded word = typo, or cleverly subtle pun?
    If you could be anything you want, I bet you'd be disappointed--am I right?

  8. #48
    Diabolical Kasper's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Enneagram
    9w8 so/sx
    Posts
    11,544

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by simulatedworld View Post
    And a clue for you: Statutory rape, while certainly not acceptable behavior in most cases, is not actually rape. There's a difference between tricking a young/naive person into giving you something and actually forcefully beating the crap out of him and taking it.
    Thanks for the clue

    And no. Actually it is rape, I'm not making this up either, I promise, it's the law

    Giving consent does not mean someone can't be raped and so you know, rape does not need to involve a physical struggle. The law presumes that statutory rape involves coercion and states that the minor is not in a position to give consent, hence rape.

    As I said, neither is particularly morally sound, but one is a lot worse, and it's a mistake to use the term "rape" to describe both.

    More importantly, they absolutely should not carry the same severity of punishment.
    They are different things, one is rape, the other statutory rape and they do have different penalties.

    I have no idea what the hell your argument is or what this has to do with the OP which has basically been summed up by Orangey.

    It just sucks for men is all!
    Nevermind, I understand *violin*

  9. #49
    half mystic, half skeksis jenocyde's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTp
    Posts
    6,387

    Default

    I've worked in male dominated fields quite frequently. However, I recently ended a career in a female dominated one. I've never worked in an area that has a balance.

    I choose all-male hands down. Yes, problems exist with both situations, but I find the problems on the male side to be more tolerable. When I get dismissed or overlooked, I just push harder and be more aggressive. I don't know if I'm liked, but I'm definitely respected. It's annoying to be seen as a sum of body parts, though. I could be firing someone and he'd still be staring at my chest.

    In an all female dominated environment, I wanted to chew on poison pills. The endless stopping by for a "chat", the gossip, the cutting people down due to what they were wearing, the crying every time I got just a little too direct... The worst was when someone got engaged. The endless rambling for months and months and months about tulle vs taffeta. More often than not, it was catty and bitchy with no strategic reason. I love my sisters, but damn, this is a work environment.

    I feel like a traitor.

  10. #50
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Posts
    132

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jenocyde View Post
    I've worked in male dominated fields quite frequently. However, I recently ended a career in a female dominated one. I've never worked in an area that has a balance.

    I choose all-male hands down. Yes, problems exist with both situations, but I find the problems on the male side to be more tolerable. When I get dismissed or overlooked, I just push harder and be more aggressive. I don't know if I'm liked, but I'm definitely respected. It's annoying to be seen as a sum of body parts, though. I could be firing someone and he'd still be staring at my chest.

    In an all female dominated environment, I wanted to chew on poison pills. The endless stopping by for a "chat", the gossip, the cutting people down due to what they were wearing, the crying every time I got just a little too direct... The worst was when someone got engaged. The endless rambling for months and months and months about tulle vs taffeta. More often than not, it was catty and bitchy with no strategic reason. I love my sisters, but damn, this is a work environment.

    I feel like a traitor.
    You know it's weird that most women have the same sort of point of view, but yet it persist.
    Join my gamma group on facebook:
    http://www.facebook.com/groups/edit....id=63943661343
    Thats if you are either ENTJ, ISFJ, ESFP or INTP

Similar Threads

  1. [ENFJ] ISFP males in the eyes of an ENFJ females
    By floral87 in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-25-2011, 04:07 AM
  2. [ESFJ] The Memorial Service of an ESFJ
    By INTJMom in forum The SJ Guardhouse (ESFJ, ISFJ, ESTJ, ISTJ)
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 10-27-2008, 09:44 PM
  3. Paragons of an ESTP Female
    By Thursday in forum The Fluff Zone
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 06-29-2008, 07:12 PM
  4. [MBTItm] Drowning inside the mythical mind of an INTP
    By Pseudonym_Alpha in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 09-16-2007, 09:14 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO