User Tag List

First 12345 Last

Results 21 to 30 of 116

  1. #21
    Sniffles
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ajblaise View Post
    Liberalism in general undermined the basic traditions and norms of society.
    Yes and Feminism is but one part of that larger issue.

    It was a good thing, there's more political and social freedom now.
    "None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free."
    --Johann Wolfgang von Goethe


    Most of the "freedoms" Liberalism brought about were largely negative in nature, which actually helps to undermine the basis of any effective form of democracy.

  2. #22
    Senior Member cogdecree's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    165
    Posts
    248

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Peguy View Post
    It's undermined the basic foundation of society, namely the family, where the influence of women was really felt. After all it's in the home where culture is created, and many great geniuses became so because they were reared in supportive enviroments by their mothers. Even today, famous people will often say they got to where they did because of the love and support of their mother.

    So they were very much the power behind the throne. They traded that for petty political rights which don't mean jack shit in the grand scheme of things.
    I believe rights can be had while holding on to family values. Many conservative females are doing so as of now. The fundamental issue here is the difference between conservative culture v liberal culture, because you'll find that culture and expectations overide or wosen most of these issues.

  3. #23
    Shaman BlackCat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi
    Posts
    7,005

    Default

    That seems pretty subjective Peguy, a man could easily provide the love and support a woman could to a child. I know this because my dad did this for me, and lo and behold he's an INTP! This has been a stereotype burned into us, which I'm guessing is from the media. People probably believed this was true. I'm sure there were households out there that didn't follow this stereotype.

    All of these "isms" just make society go backwards. Humanity needs equality, not segregation and people that are better than others. Feminism is just another way of making someone seem better. If people had any common sense they would realize this. Feminism was needed to get women their rights, but why, since they have these rights, is it still in effect?

    The world is just a fucked up place.
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

    sCueI (primary Inquisition)

  4. #24
    Minister of Propagandhi ajblaise's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    MBTI
    INTP
    Posts
    7,917

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Peguy View Post
    Yes and Feminism is but one part of that larger issue.



    "None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free."
    --Johann Wolfgang von Goethe


    Most of the "freedoms" Liberalism brought about were largely negative in nature, which actually helps to undermine the basis of any effective form of democracy.
    "Falsely believe they are free" How would you explain that?

    In your world, is suffrage one these freedom delusions?

  5. #25
    Blah Orangey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE
    Posts
    6,364

    Default

    See, did I call it or what? This is not simply the issue of single gender environments, or even of the whole women-on-pedestal thing, but is another (tiring and bitter) tirade against feminism.

    Having a debate about feminism is one thing, but underhandedly presenting this article as though it is evidence that "feminism" (whatever you mean by that) is bad/evil/whatever Peguy thinks it is, is fallacious and a poor argumentative tactic. Just because this woman is an idiot, that doesn't mean that everything to do with feminism should somehow be dismissed.
    Artes, Scientia, Veritasiness

  6. #26
    Sniffles
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Orangey View Post
    See, did I call it or what? This is not simply the issue of single gender environments, or even of the whole women-on-pedestal thing, but is another (tiring and bitter) tirade against feminism.

    Having a debate about feminism is one thing, but underhandedly presenting this article as though it is evidence that "feminism" (whatever you mean by that) is bad/evil/whatever Peguy thinks it is, is fallacious and a poor argumentative tactic. Just because this woman is an idiot, that doesn't mean that everything to do with feminism should somehow be dismissed.
    Well this a strawman, since I don't necessarily dismiss everything related to Feminism. However, I do contend that Feminism was the wrong solution to some legitimate issues.

    As I even hinted above, a geniune case can be made for the notion of single-gender enviroments(educational or even occupational). I'm not even against women in the workplace, as long as they get their priorities straight:ie the family has to come first. And yes this applies to men as well.

    So if this is a tirade against Feminism, it's a tirade against the lack of common sense found among those who adhere to its precepts. Now if we can a form of "Feminism" based in upon common sense, well this would be less an issue.

    Quote Originally Posted by BlackCat View Post
    That seems pretty subjective Peguy, a man could easily provide the love and support a woman could to a child. I know this because my dad did this for me, and lo and behold he's an INTP! This has been a stereotype burned into us, which I'm guessing is from the media. People probably believed this was true. I'm sure there were households out there that didn't follow this stereotype.
    Of course men can be caring and supportive of children. It's important to have both a mother and a father in the rearing of children.

  7. #27
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    1,009

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Orangey View Post
    See, did I call it or what? This is not simply the issue of single gender environments, or even of the whole women-on-pedestal thing, but is another (tiring and bitter) tirade against feminism.

    Having a debate about feminism is one thing, but underhandedly presenting this article as though it is evidence that "feminism" (whatever you mean by that) is bad/evil/whatever Peguy thinks it is, is fallacious and a poor argumentative tactic. Just because this woman is an idiot, that doesn't mean that everything to do with feminism should somehow be dismissed.
    This seems to be a common tack for our pal Peguy. Take some horrible example, that doesn't really tell you much about anything, and hold it up as evidence in support of whatever garbage you're trying to argue. Nice to see someone else has caught on.

    Quote Originally Posted by BlackCat View Post
    That seems pretty subjective Peguy, a man could easily provide the love and support a woman could to a child. I know this because my dad did this for me, and lo and behold he's an INTP! This has been a stereotype burned into us, which I'm guessing is from the media. People probably believed this was true. I'm sure there were households out there that didn't follow this stereotype.

    All of these "isms" just make society go backwards. Humanity needs equality, not segregation and people that are better than others. Feminism is just another way of making someone seem better. If people had any common sense they would realize this. Feminism was needed to get women their rights, but why, since they have these rights, is it still in effect?

    The world is just a fucked up place.
    Excellent point! That's precisely why I am not a "feminist". I know others will disagree, but I really don't think women are at a disadvantage anymore. Of course there are still men out there that would like to keep women "in their place", but most them are impotent little dweebs that nobody pays much attention to anymore anyway.

  8. #28
    Freshman Member simulatedworld's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE
    Posts
    5,554

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Peguy View Post
    Of course men can be caring and supportive of children. It's important to have both a mother and a father in the rearing of children.
    How do you feel about single parent child-rearing? Should responsible single people be allowed to adopt children?
    If you could be anything you want, I bet you'd be disappointed--am I right?

  9. #29
    lab rat extraordinaire CrystalViolet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    MBTI
    XNFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Posts
    2,170

    Default

    Personally, I like mixed work environments best of all. I don't like all female work environments. Males tend to be more face value, and they add balance. It could be the industry I'm in, but I honestly believe women are their own worst enemy. It's not men holding women back.
    You only have read the book (who's title escapes me right now) that mean girls the movie was based on and it's sequel...these scenario's are very real.
    Currently submerged under an avalanche of books and paper work. I may come back up for air from time to time.
    Real life awaits and she is a demanding mistress.

    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

  10. #30
    Babylon Candle Venom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9 sp/sx
    Posts
    2,128

    Default

    you guys all laugh now....

    but seriously

    1. go read Thomas Sowell on the fallacy of male-female having unfair compensation

    2. look at the edcuation rates of females vs males... some of the imbalances are frieghtening:
    CARPE DIEM: The Female-Male Higher Education "Degree Gap"

    2.b similar issues looking at the % of males vs females who are dependent on their parents until age 30.

    3. watch almost any rescent sitcom and note how the male is increasingly being portrayed as the "loser", "idiot" character

    4. you all probably already know where i stand about how women control the entirity of the dating/sex game


    we are becoming a matriarchy haha

Similar Threads

  1. [ENFJ] ISFP males in the eyes of an ENFJ females
    By floral87 in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-25-2011, 04:07 AM
  2. [ESFJ] The Memorial Service of an ESFJ
    By INTJMom in forum The SJ Guardhouse (ESFJ, ISFJ, ESTJ, ISTJ)
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 10-27-2008, 09:44 PM
  3. Paragons of an ESTP Female
    By Thursday in forum The Fluff Zone
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 06-29-2008, 07:12 PM
  4. [MBTItm] Drowning inside the mythical mind of an INTP
    By Pseudonym_Alpha in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 09-16-2007, 09:14 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO