User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    Zzzz

That's why I'm sticking to the wonderful world of an all male workplace. Less dickiness bitchiness.

It's likely that maturity played a role in the demise of such people, not because they were all females, and a lack of realistic expectation of "people" from that particular one.

Sniffles

Quote Originally Posted by zarc View Post
    It's likely that maturity played a role in the demise of such people, not because they were all females, and a lack of realistic expectation of "people" from that particular one.
    That certainly is an important factor to remember. You just can't reduce everything to an issue of gender, class, race, etc. even though on some levels those do have roles to play in the workplace and society in general even.

I have read some reports showing that males and females tend to learn better in single-gender enviroments; especially since the cirriculum can be adjusted to meet the learning needs and styles of the male and female students.

Very similar to how Thomas Sowell noted of certain cases in the segregated South of all-black schools outperforming white schools.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by Peguy View Post
    Oh how horribly sexist of her to say so. Looks like the patriarchy has poisoned another innocent female mind.
    +1

On a side note, how on Earth did she avoid sexual discrimination laws?

You can bet that if someone started a male-only company of any kind, it would be litigated to death within hours.
    If you could be anything you want, I bet you'd be disappointed--am I right?

MBTI
    INfp
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INFp None

And working in TV, I'd met lots of super-competitive 'door-slammers' who'd do anything to get to the top. But I told myself that, with the right women people, work could be wonderful.
    There's your solution.

Truthfully, I think leadership is the key. The real story of the article was her failure as a leader and the lessons she learned. Remove the bitterness and it actually is pretty informative on some pitfalls to avoid in an all female environment.

Edit: Oh. She isn't blaming her self for her failures as a leader at all. She thinks she was above it all, and is only taking token personal responsibility. Shame.

Sniffles

Quote Originally Posted by simulatedworld View Post
    +1

On a side note, how on Earth did she avoid sexual discrimination laws?

You can bet that if someone started a male-only company of any kind, it would be litigated to death within hours.
    Don't you know, only males can be sexist. Females cannot be sexist, because their negative attitudes towards men are natural reactions to the centuries-long oppression they suffered at the hands of the evil Patriarchy.

What, you didn't get the memo about that? It's off to sensitivity training for you.

Minister of Propagandhi ajblaise's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP

Peguy, it sounds like you've been a victim of female sexism in your past. Care to share your story?

Sniffles

Quote Originally Posted by ajblaise View Post
    Peguy, it sounds like you've been a victim of female sexism in your past. Care to share your story?
    No more than anyother man in this day and age. The fact just remains that like many other ideologies and "Ersatz religions"; Feminism is a plague upon our civilization with its false precepts and presuppositions.

However, I guess with the way things are going Feminism will be a non-issue in 30-50 years, just like how it became a non-issue within Roman society. Oswald Spengler noted how the "Ibsen woman" brought about the collaspe of many civilizations, and the West was next in line. Such is the silver lining of barbarian conquests.

MBTI
    INTP

Feminism is a plague upon our civilization with its false precepts and presuppositions.
    I don't know, that doesn't add up.

For women, it got them things like property rights, voting rights, and other civil rights. What has it done to men that outweighs that and makes it a plague?

Sniffles

Quote Originally Posted by ajblaise View Post
    I don't know, that doesn't add up.

For women, it got them things like property rights, voting rights, and other civil rights. What has it done to men that outweighs that and makes it a plague?
    It's undermined the basic foundation of society, namely the family, where the influence of women was really felt. After all it's in the home where culture is created, and many great geniuses became so because they were reared in supportive enviroments by their mothers. Even today, famous people will often say they got to where they did because of the love and support of their mother.

So they were very much the power behind the throne. They traded that for petty political rights which don't mean jack shit in the grand scheme of things.

MBTI
    INTP

It's undermined the basic foundation of society, namely the family, where the influence of women was really felt. After all it's in the home where culture is created, and many great geniuses became so because they were reared in supportive enviroments by their mothers. Even today, famous people will often say they got to where they did because of the love and support of their mother.

So they were very much the power behind the throne. They traded that for petty political rights which don't mean jack shit in the grand scheme of things.
    Liberalism in general undermined the basic traditions and norms of society. It was a good thing, there's more political and social freedom now.