User Tag List

First 89101112 Last

Results 91 to 100 of 116

  1. #91
    No moss growing on me Giggly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    MBTI
    iSFj
    Enneagram
    2 sx/so
    Posts
    9,666

    Default

    Yikes! I didn't read the entire article in the OP but I can definitely see that the author is exaggerating a bit and just likes drama and negativity.

  2. #92
    Diabolical Kasper's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Enneagram
    9w8 so/sx
    Posts
    11,544

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by simulatedworld View Post
    my main problem is with the word "rape" being applied to situations where no forced coercion happened.
    Then you're missing the fundamental reason behind statutory rape laws. Statutory rape exists as the law sees a difference in one’s ability to make a sound decision based on their age when it comes to sex, as I said earlier;

    Quote Originally Posted by Trinity View Post
    The law presumes that statutory rape involves coercion and states that the minor is not in a position to give consent, hence rape.
    It is always assumed that coercion is involved and to dispute this you’ll have to look into the psychology of how a child’s mind develops because that’s what the laws are based on.

    Quote Originally Posted by bluemonday View Post
    Nope. Men are controlled by their instincts, not by women.
    Some women may use their knowledge of that weakness to manipulate favourable circumstances for themselves. That's another matter.
    And most women are just as weak when it comes to men so, the point is moot.
    Truth. It's not power unless you allow it.

    Some people in here have odd views on power. Sounds more like not wanting to take responsibility for allowing someone else to manipulate you.

  3. #93
    ish red no longer *sad* nightning's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    INfj
    Posts
    3,741

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by laintpe View Post
    job one... mostly females... lots of talking... not enjoyable

    job two... mostly males.... silence (is golden).... enjoyable


    not exactly proof or evidence of any sort, but the thought of an entirely female anything makes me twitch.
    The question remains... is this truth or is this sharpening and leveling of our memories to fit the stereotype?

    I know EXFXs in general like to socialize a lot... where as IXTXs prefer to focus on their work. If we have a group of IXTX females... will you still get the gossipy/backstabbing environment?
    My stuff (design & other junk) lives here: http://nnbox.ca

  4. #94
    WTF is this dude saying? A Schnitzel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    MBTI
    INTP
    Socionics
    B.S.
    Posts
    1,155

    Default

    Trinity is so cool, she quotes herself.
    Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    sheesh humans! for realz

  5. #95
    Diabolical Kasper's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Enneagram
    9w8 so/sx
    Posts
    11,544

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nightning View Post
    The question remains... is this truth or is this sharpening and leveling of our memories to fit the stereotype?

    I know EXFXs in general like to socialize a lot... where as IXTXs prefer to focus on their work. If we have a group of IXTX females... will you still get the gossipy/backstabbing environment?
    My experience; Yes. Two of the biggest gossips I've worked with were ISTJ and ISTP. Very different style to extraverts, more subtle and less likely to be confrontational when they have an issue, but gossipy anyway. If I had to be surrounded by gossip and had a choice I'd take the IxTxs any day. I've also worked with men who are gossipy and backstabbers and women who refuse to get involved with that kind of behaviour. It's just people, yes women are more prone to resorting to gossip by they don't hold exclusive rights.

    The people I often enjoy working with best are those who have an element of power and/or responsibility above the norm, because not always, but often that comes with an understanding that behaviour such as gossip is a detrimental thing. Management tends to be male so I tend to work better with men by default.

    Quote Originally Posted by A Schnitzel View Post
    Trinity is so cool, she quotes herself.
    Someone's got to or I'll feel left out!

  6. #96
    heart on fire
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    8,457

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Trinity View Post
    My experience; Yes. Two of the biggest gossips I've worked with were ISTJ and ISTP. Very different style to extraverts, more subtle and less likely to be confrontational when they have an issue, but gossipy anyway. If I had to be surrounded by gossip and had a choice I'd take the IxTxs any day. I've also worked with men who are gossipy and backstabbers and women who refuse to get involved with that kind of behaviour. It's just people, yes women are more prone to resorting to gossip by they don't hold exclusive rights.
    My husband works in a predominately male, xSTx enviroment and gosh those men are just as bad as women with their gossip, pecking orders, cliques and fashion monitoring. And when a woman works with them, they don't always treat her very nice either, tear her apart over her looks or manerisms, etc.

    I wonder what impact the type of work or the way the work is organized has on these kinds of workplace behaviors?

  7. #97
    meh Salomé's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Posts
    10,540

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kangirl View Post
    Bluemonday, I respectfully but completely disagree with you. Which is OK. I know you disagree with me, too. I think biology is HUUUUGE
    How are you disagreeing with me? My whole argument is that it's ALL about biology.

    My objection is to the sort of faulty logic that leads to the belief that women are all about Eve - mystical original sinners put on earth to seduce men into dark deeds.
    The sort of faulty reasoning behind the legislation that you allude to. Behind the barbarism of female circumcision and honour killings. The faulty reasoning behind so many of Peguy and Victor's rants.

    The "problem" is male biology. The "solution" is too often the curtailment of women's freedom.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Gosh, the world looks so small from up here on my high horse of menstruation.

  8. #98
    Senior Member ptgatsby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Posts
    4,474

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bluemonday View Post
    Nope. Men are controlled by their instincts, not by women. (This is why men should never be allowed to be in positions of power ).

    Some women may use their knowledge of that weakness to manipulate favourable circumstances for themselves. That's another matter.
    And most women are just as weak when it comes to men so, the point is moot.
    I'm not sure I see the difference. Men are programmed to be influenced, sure. But so are you - to pain, for instance. Physical control uses that condition too, but no one has to in order for it to exist. As to if it is abused... it's omnipresent in marketing... attractive people get more money, get hired more often, etc. The advantage is systemic as well as direct.

  9. #99
    meh Salomé's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Posts
    10,540

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ptgatsby View Post
    I'm not sure I see the difference. Men are programmed to be influenced, sure. But so are you - to pain, for instance. Physical control uses that condition too, but no one has to in order for it to exist. As to if it is abused... it's omnipresent in marketing... attractive people get more money, get hired more often, etc. The advantage is systemic as well as direct.
    As usual, I have no real clue what you are talking about.

    However, your analogy is faulty. Attractiveness is a relative and non-gender specific commodity.
    Having a womb is binary.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Gosh, the world looks so small from up here on my high horse of menstruation.

  10. #100
    Senior Member ptgatsby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Posts
    4,474

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bluemonday View Post
    However, your analogy is faulty. Attractiveness is a relative and non-gender specific commodity.
    Hmm, that's true. I'm thinking in general terms - influence comes from the sex drive, both male and female. Anyway;

    Having a womb is binary.
    I see you take issue with the concept of women being "the manipulators" because of a male weakness. I agree with you as far as that goes.

    It doesn't change that women have power over men because of 'their weakness', even if they don't use it. One has to have more interest than the other for it to be real influence, so no matter what interpersonal control you talk about, one is going to be 'weaker'.

    It'd be like saying that because men are, on average, stronger... it's not men that had physical control over women, it was women being weak. (This should be stripped of any connotation of beating etc. I just can't think of a better physical analogy between men and women right now.) The concept of interpersonal power is always going to be a gap issue - money, sex, relationships, class...

Similar Threads

  1. [ENFJ] ISFP males in the eyes of an ENFJ females
    By floral87 in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-25-2011, 04:07 AM
  2. [ESFJ] The Memorial Service of an ESFJ
    By INTJMom in forum The SJ Guardhouse (ESFJ, ISFJ, ESTJ, ISTJ)
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 10-27-2008, 09:44 PM
  3. Paragons of an ESTP Female
    By Thursday in forum The Fluff Zone
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 06-29-2008, 07:12 PM
  4. [MBTItm] Drowning inside the mythical mind of an INTP
    By Pseudonym_Alpha in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 09-16-2007, 09:14 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO