• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Salary and Type

Little Linguist

Striving for balance
MBTI Type
xNFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Of course. We INTJs may not look especially interesting but we have many desirable qualities such as competency, stability and directness coupled with a dash of creativity and pluralistic ethics.

Indeed.

Chunes

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w1
Story of my life.

INFPs are simply NOT cut out for the United States. You have to be freaking Alexander the Great to be able to eat here.

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Alexander the Great was ENTP, and ENTPs are the second-worst-earning type apparently, so...

Eckhart

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
???
Gosh, show me please once someone a statistic which says why it is good to be an INFP.

Whatever, I will ignore those statistics and just own life before it owns me, haha.

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Gosh, show me please once someone a statistic which says why it is good to be an INFP.
Johnny Depp is INFP. 'Nuff said.

Oh, and statistically INFPs are the fourth most intelligent type.

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
ENTPs tend to have more intellectually than materistically oriented.

INFP, I'm not surprised they're at the bottom of the list. They tend to value money less than most other types for one thing. They'd rather follow their hearts and do something that's lucrative. Plus INFPs tend to be rather unassertive and may not ask for a raise even when its well deserved.

I think this is true...I see both my ENTP dad and myself having the common attitude that doing something we enjoy is more important than money. He wants to explore ideas & projects that stimulate his mind, and he's good at managing money & making it go far, so money becomes secondary.

I'm actually not bad at managing money either. I made do on a relatively low income and was comfortable, debt-free, and had a reasonable savings for my age. I do have a hard time in asking for what I am worth on a job. I've heard this can be a woman-thing also. Men may earn more because they ask for more, supposedly....

Betty Blue

Let me count the ways
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7W6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

Whatever, I will ignore those statistics and just own life before it owns me, haha.

I state infp's are fantastic, they rank topish for me in lots of respects.
there ya go,
oh you didn't need it :doh:

state, stat... same thing

Eckhart

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
???
I state infp's are fantastic, they rank topish for me in lots of respects.
there ya go,
oh you didn't need it :doh:

state, stat... same thing

Nah, obviously I need it :hug: Just you have to talk to yourself already as if you were that arrogant enough to get through life without too much headache, when things aren't as they should be.

Betty Blue

Let me count the ways
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7W6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Nah, obviously I need it :hug: Just you have to talk to yourself already as if you were that arrogant enough to get through life without too much headache, when things aren't as they should be.

Ah well, in that case, infp's rock! :hifive:

LunarMoon

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Being of every type carries with it its own benefits and flaws. INFPs, for instance are amongst the most commonly represented type as writers and poets, to the point it wouldn’t surprise me to find that they’re more financially successful than ENTJs in those fields. They’re also statistically overrepresented as psychologists.

Alexander the Great was ENTP, and ENTPs are the second-worst-earning type apparently, so...
Ancient historical individuals are notoriously difficult to type, especially since, unlike Plato and Aristotle, his philosophical ramblings don’t proceed for hundreds of pages.

Last edited:

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
I am the anti-ENTP. I stay with the same employer for (too) long, I work in administration, turn better job-offers down (yes you get job offers as an engineer) to stay with my present colleagues and I earn too much for the things I am doing.

I am working 19.5 hours / week parttime and receive 50% of the base wager $ 71,604 p.a.
I am currently still working on my University exams, so it's only parttime and I'll need 2 more years to finish then with a MSc in mechanical engineering and another MSc in sales engineering. If I'ld finish University tomorrow, they'ld pay me $ 71 k a year and I could work fulltime right away.

The job is for the department of economical growth of my hometown and needs me to do a lot of networking tasks, event management and looking for new business ideas. I've been given my own department yet and I serve as a consultant in engineering related questions to the whole office. A hguge topic atm is E-Mobility and that's a hell lot of fun cause you are presented with new ideas for concepts on a daily basis.

I like my job but I will need to decide for myself if I may want to change to a company that does more engineering. Problem will be otherwise that I'll lack job experience if I work too long in administration and that I wont be wanted as a pure engineer no more.

Gonna see about that, first things first which are finishing University :/

FDG

pathwise dependent
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w8
I am the anti-ENTP. I stay with the same employer for (too) long, I work in administration, turn better job-offers down (yes you get job offers as an engineer) to stay with my present colleagues and I earn too much for the things I am doing.

I am working 19.5 hours / week parttime and receive 50% of the base wager $ 71,604 p.a.
I am currently still working on my University exams, so it's only parttime and I'll need 2 more years to finish then with a MSc in mechanical engineering and another MSc in sales engineering. If I'ld finish University tomorrow, they'ld pay me $ 71 k a year and I could work fulltime right away.
:/

Jesus, salaries are high in Germany :shock: (or maybe perhaps you mean Brutto?)

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Jesus, salaries are high in Germany :shock:
Germany is about 40% more expensive than the US, mind. But yeah, German salaries are ridiculously high.

Billy

Crazy Diamond
MBTI Type
INFJ
Uhh yeah, Geocities has this one locked down, with their geocity census takers.

FDG

pathwise dependent
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w8
Germany is about 40% more expensive than the US, mind. But yeah, German salaries are ridiculously high.

You sure? I've been to Germany 3 times, and well housing was really expensive but - sadly - everything else was as expensive as in Italy :cry:

Eckhart

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
???

Tell that to the many people who work here for 1€ per hour, or any other ridiculous low salary so they cannot even live from their full time job alone and have to take additional social money to supplement.

Salaries in Germany aren't too high for many people anymore. Things in super market etc. are also cheaper than in Italy for example. That doesn't mean obviously that you cannot earn more here, but it does not apply to the whole population.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
Jesus, salaries are high in Germany :shock: (or maybe perhaps you mean Brutto?)

Yes I meant Brutto, it's usual here to use that for naming the yearly income. Netto it would be around $ 40.000. Because I still work part time atm, I dont pay taxes yet and therefore it boils down to around $ 18.500 p.a. for me ( 40 k is the average job starting salary for a student with a technical qualification ).

Yes the salaries are quite high in Germany and living costs dont really kill you aswell, if you dont want to live like a King. The problem is there is a huge gap between the different types of jobs. A guy working in industry usually earns a lot while a nurse has one of the worst paid jobs. That's sometimes not understandable, cause nurses have to pass ridicously hard educations to be able to work at all and they have to work the strangest of all hours possible. The German health care system is quite fucked up in that regards, I once read that nurses used to work voluntarily long time after the war and therefore they havent had many salary negotiations and strikes to really get their minimum wager claims up. It's really shitty cause we have a bottleneck situation with new employees in health care already.

If you tho have a technical qualification or a higher University degree you can get rich in Germany quite fast. They even pay you money if you should be unemployed due to higher circumstances. If you dont want too much you can keep living costs quite low and make money real fast. You shouldnt be afraid of bureaucracy tho and look for a tax adviser. They help you to make use of the system the best way possible.

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Tell that to the many people who work here for 1€ per hour, or any other ridiculous low salary so they cannot even live from their full time job alone and have to take additional social money to supplement.
Are those people worthless uneducated bums or immigrants, perchance?