First 678910 Last

Thread: Salary and Type

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ENTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Eckhart View Post
    Gosh, show me please once someone a statistic which says why it is good to be an INFP.
    Being of every type carries with it its own benefits and flaws. INFPs, for instance are amongst the most commonly represented type as writers and poets, to the point it wouldn’t surprise me to find that they’re more financially successful than ENTJs in those fields. They’re also statistically overrepresented as psychologists.

Quote Originally Posted by Aleksei View Post
    Alexander the Great was ENTP, and ENTPs are the second-worst-earning type apparently, so...
    Ancient historical individuals are notoriously difficult to type, especially since, unlike Plato and Aristotle, his philosophical ramblings don’t proceed for hundreds of pages.
    Last edited by LunarMoon; 10-17-2010 at 11:30 PM.
    Surgeons replace one of your neurons with a microchip that duplicates its input-output functions. You feel and behave exactly as before. Then they replace a second one, and a third one, and so on, until more and more of your brain becomes silicon. Since each microchip does exactly what the neuron did, your behavior and memory never change. Do you even notice the difference? Does it feel like dying? Is some other conscious entity moving in with you?
    -Steven Pinker on the Ship of Theseus Paradox

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

I am the anti-ENTP. I stay with the same employer for (too) long, I work in administration, turn better job-offers down (yes you get job offers as an engineer) to stay with my present colleagues and I earn too much for the things I am doing.

I am working 19.5 hours / week parttime and receive 50% of the base wager $ 71,604 p.a.
    I am currently still working on my University exams, so it's only parttime and I'll need 2 more years to finish then with a MSc in mechanical engineering and another MSc in sales engineering. If I'ld finish University tomorrow, they'ld pay me $ 71 k a year and I could work fulltime right away.

The job is for the department of economical growth of my hometown and needs me to do a lot of networking tasks, event management and looking for new business ideas. I've been given my own department yet and I serve as a consultant in engineering related questions to the whole office. A hguge topic atm is E-Mobility and that's a hell lot of fun cause you are presented with new ideas for concepts on a daily basis.

I like my job but I will need to decide for myself if I may want to change to a company that does more engineering. Problem will be otherwise that I'll lack job experience if I work too long in administration and that I wont be wanted as a pure engineer no more.

Gonna see about that, first things first which are finishing University :/
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

MBTI
    ESFP

Quote Originally Posted by Little Linguist View Post
    ESFP - $63,281 Fuck it!!! I don't need money! I need to have FUN DUDEEEEEEEEEEE!!!! YEAHHHHHHH!!!! Or I'm a rock star or an actress, in which case I'm better than even Mr. Idiot CEO guy.
    Hahahaha. YES, exactly!!

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTj

Quote Originally Posted by entropie View Post
    I am the anti-ENTP. I stay with the same employer for (too) long, I work in administration, turn better job-offers down (yes you get job offers as an engineer) to stay with my present colleagues and I earn too much for the things I am doing.

I am working 19.5 hours / week parttime and receive 50% of the base wager $ 71,604 p.a.
    I am currently still working on my University exams, so it's only parttime and I'll need 2 more years to finish then with a MSc in mechanical engineering and another MSc in sales engineering. If I'ld finish University tomorrow, they'ld pay me $ 71 k a year and I could work fulltime right away.
    :/
    Jesus, salaries are high in Germany (or maybe perhaps you mean Brutto?)
    ENTj 7-3-8 sx/sp

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILE Ti

Quote Originally Posted by FDG View Post
    Jesus, salaries are high in Germany
    Germany is about 40% more expensive than the US, mind. But yeah, German salaries are ridiculously high.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Teacher (Idyllic), ESE-IEI (Si-ESFj), SLue|I|, Sanguine-Melancholy
    Sage, True Neutral (Chaotic Good), Type III Anti-Hero
    Inventive > Artistic > Leisurely > Dramatic
    7w6 > 4w3 > 9w8, weakside sp/so

Dark Worker (Sacrificing)
    Freewheeling Designer

Hayekian Asshole

MBTI
    INFJ

Uhh yeah, Geocities has this one locked down, with their geocity census takers.
    Ground control to Major Tom

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTj

Germany is about 40% more expensive than the US, mind. But yeah, German salaries are ridiculously high.
    You sure? I've been to Germany 3 times, and well housing was really expensive but - sadly - everything else was as expensive as in Italy
    ENTj 7-3-8 sx/sp

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    ???
    Socionics
    ????

Tell that to the many people who work here for 1€ per hour, or any other ridiculous low salary so they cannot even live from their full time job alone and have to take additional social money to supplement.

Salaries in Germany aren't too high for many people anymore. Things in super market etc. are also cheaper than in Italy for example. That doesn't mean obviously that you cannot earn more here, but it does not apply to the whole population.

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by FDG View Post
    Jesus, salaries are high in Germany (or maybe perhaps you mean Brutto?)
    Yes I meant Brutto, it's usual here to use that for naming the yearly income. Netto it would be around $ 40.000. Because I still work part time atm, I dont pay taxes yet and therefore it boils down to around $ 18.500 p.a. for me ( 40 k is the average job starting salary for a student with a technical qualification ).

Yes the salaries are quite high in Germany and living costs dont really kill you aswell, if you dont want to live like a King. The problem is there is a huge gap between the different types of jobs. A guy working in industry usually earns a lot while a nurse has one of the worst paid jobs. That's sometimes not understandable, cause nurses have to pass ridicously hard educations to be able to work at all and they have to work the strangest of all hours possible. The German health care system is quite fucked up in that regards, I once read that nurses used to work voluntarily long time after the war and therefore they havent had many salary negotiations and strikes to really get their minimum wager claims up. It's really shitty cause we have a bottleneck situation with new employees in health care already.

If you tho have a technical qualification or a higher University degree you can get rich in Germany quite fast. They even pay you money if you should be unemployed due to higher circumstances. If you dont want too much you can keep living costs quite low and make money real fast. You shouldnt be afraid of bureaucracy tho and look for a tax adviser. They help you to make use of the system the best way possible.
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILE Ti

Quote Originally Posted by Eckhart View Post
    Tell that to the many people who work here for 1€ per hour, or any other ridiculous low salary so they cannot even live from their full time job alone and have to take additional social money to supplement.
    Are those people worthless uneducated bums or immigrants, perchance?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Teacher (Idyllic), ESE-IEI (Si-ESFj), SLue|I|, Sanguine-Melancholy
    Sage, True Neutral (Chaotic Good), Type III Anti-Hero
    Inventive > Artistic > Leisurely > Dramatic
    7w6 > 4w3 > 9w8, weakside sp/so

Dark Worker (Sacrificing)
    Freewheeling Designer

Hayekian Asshole