User Tag List

First 34567 Last

Thread: Salary and Type

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

I was just wondering about, why someone would name a word like salary in a way that sounds like Sellerie (celery). Guess that underlines, why ENTP scores second last in the whole statistic .

What is antithetic though, is Keirsey saying about the ENTP, to be a never-ending generator for finding new ways to make money. I guess this was supposed to be a quality and not a quantity statement then .

I am still a student, so my salary is out of comparison. I earn around 10000 - 13000 atm, mainly through a permanent job and a small business besides university, I do some programming tasks, repair stuff or sell home-automatisation things like electronic to computer relays or ambient lights I build myself to sell for horrendous prices on ebay .

I do believe the statistics though in one way: I have the great psychological problem that I think money is unimportant and furthermore I dont have the knack for business. Thats a thing my INFJ has to care for in me
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

MBTI
    ENTP

lol the ENTP is almost the last one : ))

Striving for balance Little Linguist's Avatar
    MBTI
    xNFP

Stereotype Central:

(YES, it's a JOKE - not serious!)

Household Income
    ENTJ - $84,434 The CEOs that command other people to do their work while they plan market domination and stomp out the competition with an iron fist. Or the CIA.

ESTJ - $76,238 The hard workers that have a heart attack at age 50 because they never took a vacation, but who have earned the respect of everyone - and have nearly the best income. They work harder than 10 workers.

ESFJ - $74,882 The hard workers that have a heart attack/stroke because they took everything too much to heart and cannot say no, but who no one can afford to be without, so please please please give them a good salary.

INTJ - $72,043 The strategic planners who can delegate well and remain extremely focused on their own tasks while thinking long-term. Fuck, without him....Don't even want to think about it....Indisposable, even if they are a bit....*ahem*

ENFJ - $71,060 The people who make everyone on the team feel so comfy that they have the best results, and who can think long-term enough to connive everyone into doing their best.

ISTJ - $71,020 The keep-on-trucking crowd who keep everyone else's ass in line while they study/work hard and totally rock at keeping on track. Besides, who's going to remember all the regulations and deadlines if that dude isn't there???

ESTP - $69,323 The cunning salesman who can sell a fish a bicycle and make him feel happy about it. Can't make it without those guys.

ISTP - $67,349 The stuntman who flies off cliffs screaming and fists in the air because with that clever move he just made his yearly salary. He might die, but who gives a rat's ass? Oh, yeah, they are also dexterous, and we aren't so....yeah....better keep him here.

ENFP - $66,210 The clever manager with the awesome ideas, the incredible motivating tactics who can sit on his ass, because hey - cool I can make a median income by making others do my shit for me!!! YEAH BABYYYYYYYY!

INTP - $64,872 The clever researchers who do all the mind work no one else wants to do - so what the hell, give him a good income so that I don't have to do his shit - oh, and he's quite creative and effective, too. When he wants to be.

INFJ - $64,372 The quiet, calm people who silently inspire by their actions and fill a lot of roles most people don't want/can't do. They really are rare, so if you have one, give him DOUGH, but not too much....They have their really unproductive phases, too....

ISFP - $64,166 Dudeeeeeeeee, I can do what I love and make - well, decent - money!!!!! Sing us a song, Mr. Piano Man!!!!!!! Sing and have some weed tonight!!!!

ISFJ - $63,870 The practical helpers who do the work everyone is too lazy/apathetic/disgusted to do. Can't give them very much money, but give 'em enough so that they don't quit!!!

ESFP - $63,281 Fuck it!!! I don't need money! I need to have FUN DUDEEEEEEEEEEE!!!! YEAHHHHHHH!!!! Or I'm a rock star or an actress, in which case I'm better than even Mr. Idiot CEO guy.

ENTP - $62,960 I can tinker with things??? And play with ideas??? And make patents and other neat stuff so that OTHER PEOPLE CAN MAKE MONEY?! AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!

INFP - $61,565 Money? Whaaa'? Oh, fuck, right I need to pay my bills. That sucks.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Socionics
    ILE

It's income of the household? So the types that tend to be single more often will take a little hit in this. The ones on top are not really surprising though.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by StrawMan View Post
    It's income of the household? So the types that tend to be single more often will take a little hit in this. The ones on top are not really surprising though.
    Yeah, I was thinking the same. If it's household income being measured, the variation how likely each type is to marry (or stay married) would make a big difference.

Still some predictable observations there though. Like, Ps having lower income. *pouts*

MBTI
    ENTP
    Socionics
    ILE

Talkin' about households, here's a list of marriage percentages from the same source I assume (found it in INTJ forum). People live together outside marriage too, but this gives at least some indication of the tendencies.

Highest Percentage Married
    (From highest to lowest)

1. ESFJ (53%)
    2. ISTJ (51%)
    3. ENTJ (51%)
    4. ESTJ (50%)
    5. ISFJ (48%)
    6. INTJ (44%)
    7. ISTP (43%)
    8. ENFJ (40%)
    9. ISFP (38%)
    10. INFJ (37%)
    11. ENTP (37%)
    12. ENFP (36%)
    13. INTP (35%)
    14. ESFP (34%)
    15. ESTP (31%)
    16. INFP (30%)
    P's can't do the marriage thing right either.

I'm surprised at low percentages for ESxP's. They don't like to tie the knot then...

Edit. Maybe this study just mostly tells that some types are more marriage-oriented than others, and not much about being single.

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

of course not married =/= not having a household income... we're not married, but we DO have a house and a household income

also... it's suspicious that all of the individuals in the chart fall above the median household income of the US... it makes me feel inclined not to beleive that it's correct
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

Let me count the ways Betty Blue's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7W6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

Quote Originally Posted by Babylon Candle View Post
    ENTJ owns at life

once again, empiracle proof that the ENTJ owns at life.

after looking at these two charts ^

if you are unsure of being ENTJ or ENTJ: how succesful are you?
    if you are unsure of being ENFP or ENTP: how succesful are you?
    Too funny.
    ENTJ's owning at life is dependant, by your own standards at
    the research of one study on mbti and declared income and education.
    1) Who are the suckers paying the most taxes
    2) If earning a few dollars more (declared) income makes you own life...have it
    3) Education is not all learnt in university, and having a degree is not a measure of intelligence but of academia, again have it
    4) I'm not in any of the brackets on that list

Do a little dance

(sorry if this has already been said, i just read the first few posts)
    "We knew he was someone who had a tragic flaw, that's where his greatness came from"

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Little Linguist View Post
    Stereotype Central:

(YES, it's a JOKE - not serious!)

Household Income
    ENTJ - $84,434 The CEOs that command other people to do their work while they plan market domination and stomp out the competition with an iron fist. Or the CIA.

ESTJ - $76,238 The hard workers that have a heart attack at age 50 because they never took a vacation, but who have earned the respect of everyone - and have nearly the best income. They work harder than 10 workers.

ESFJ - $74,882 The hard workers that have a heart attack/stroke because they took everything too much to heart and cannot say no, but who no one can afford to be without, so please please please give them a good salary.

INTJ - $72,043 The strategic planners who can delegate well and remain extremely focused on their own tasks while thinking long-term. Fuck, without him....Don't even want to think about it....Indisposable, even if they are a bit....*ahem*

ENFJ - $71,060 The people who make everyone on the team feel so comfy that they have the best results, and who can think long-term enough to connive everyone into doing their best.

ISTJ - $71,020 The keep-on-trucking crowd who keep everyone else's ass in line while they study/work hard and totally rock at keeping on track. Besides, who's going to remember all the regulations and deadlines if that dude isn't there???

ESTP - $69,323 The cunning salesman who can sell a fish a bicycle and make him feel happy about it. Can't make it without those guys.

ISTP - $67,349 The stuntman who flies off cliffs screaming and fists in the air because with that clever move he just made his yearly salary. He might die, but who gives a rat's ass? Oh, yeah, they are also dexterous, and we aren't so....yeah....better keep him here.

ENFP - $66,210 The clever manager with the awesome ideas, the incredible motivating tactics who can sit on his ass, because hey - cool I can make a median income by making others do my shit for me!!! YEAH BABYYYYYYYY!

INTP - $64,872 The clever researchers who do all the mind work no one else wants to do - so what the hell, give him a good income so that I don't have to do his shit - oh, and he's quite creative and effective, too. When he wants to be.

INFJ - $64,372 The quiet, calm people who silently inspire by their actions and fill a lot of roles most people don't want/can't do. They really are rare, so if you have one, give him DOUGH, but not too much....They have their really unproductive phases, too....

ISFP - $64,166 Dudeeeeeeeee, I can do what I love and make - well, decent - money!!!!! Sing us a song, Mr. Piano Man!!!!!!! Sing and have some weed tonight!!!!

ISFJ - $63,870 The practical helpers who do the work everyone is too lazy/apathetic/disgusted to do. Can't give them very much money, but give 'em enough so that they don't quit!!!

ESFP - $63,281 Fuck it!!! I don't need money! I need to have FUN DUDEEEEEEEEEEE!!!! YEAHHHHHHH!!!! Or I'm a rock star or an actress, in which case I'm better than even Mr. Idiot CEO guy.

ENTP - $62,960 I can tinker with things??? And play with ideas??? And make patents and other neat stuff so that OTHER PEOPLE CAN MAKE MONEY?! AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!

INFP - $61,565 Money? Whaaa'? Oh, fuck, right I need to pay my bills. That sucks.
    OMG that was HILARIOUS. and more than just a little accurate/insightful

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILE Ti

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff View Post
    I suppose the low INFP figure is lowest because they so often do charity or underpaid work for a "good cause"
    It's most likely because INFPs are useless, but that's probably another major factor.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Teacher (Idyllic), ESE-IEI (Si-ESFj), SLue|I|, Sanguine-Melancholy
    Sage, True Neutral (Chaotic Good), Type III Anti-Hero
    Inventive > Artistic > Leisurely > Dramatic
    7w6 > 4w3 > 9w8, weakside sp/so

Dark Worker (Sacrificing)
    Freewheeling Designer

Hayekian Asshole