• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Salary and Type

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
I was just wondering about, why someone would name a word like salary in a way that sounds like Sellerie (celery). Guess that underlines, why ENTP scores second last in the whole statistic :D.

What is antithetic though, is Keirsey saying about the ENTP, to be a never-ending generator for finding new ways to make money. I guess this was supposed to be a quality and not a quantity statement then :D.

I am still a student, so my salary is out of comparison. I earn around 10000 - 13000 atm, mainly through a permanent job and a small business besides university, I do some programming tasks, repair stuff or sell home-automatisation things like electronic to computer relays or ambient lights I build myself to sell for horrendous prices on ebay :D.

I do believe the statistics though in one way: I have the great psychological problem that I think money is unimportant and furthermore I dont have the knack for business. Thats a thing my INFJ has to care for in me :D

Little Linguist

Striving for balance
MBTI Type
xNFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Stereotype Central:

(YES, it's a JOKE - not serious!)

Household Income
ENTJ - $84,434 The CEOs that command other people to do their work while they plan market domination and stomp out the competition with an iron fist. Or the CIA.

ESTJ - $76,238 The hard workers that have a heart attack at age 50 because they never took a vacation, but who have earned the respect of everyone - and have nearly the best income. They work harder than 10 workers.

ESFJ - $74,882 The hard workers that have a heart attack/stroke because they took everything too much to heart and cannot say no, but who no one can afford to be without, so please please please give them a good salary.

INTJ - $72,043 The strategic planners who can delegate well and remain extremely focused on their own tasks while thinking long-term. Fuck, without him....Don't even want to think about it....Indisposable, even if they are a bit....*ahem*

ENFJ - $71,060 The people who make everyone on the team feel so comfy that they have the best results, and who can think long-term enough to connive everyone into doing their best.

ISTJ - $71,020 The keep-on-trucking crowd who keep everyone else's ass in line while they study/work hard and totally rock at keeping on track. Besides, who's going to remember all the regulations and deadlines if that dude isn't there???

ESTP - $69,323 The cunning salesman who can sell a fish a bicycle and make him feel happy about it. Can't make it without those guys.

ISTP - $67,349 The stuntman who flies off cliffs screaming and fists in the air because with that clever move he just made his yearly salary. He might die, but who gives a rat's ass? Oh, yeah, they are also dexterous, and we aren't so....yeah....better keep him here.

ENFP - $66,210 The clever manager with the awesome ideas, the incredible motivating tactics who can sit on his ass, because hey - cool I can make a median income by making others do my shit for me!!! YEAH BABYYYYYYYY!

INTP - $64,872 The clever researchers who do all the mind work no one else wants to do - so what the hell, give him a good income so that I don't have to do his shit - oh, and he's quite creative and effective, too. When he wants to be.

INFJ - $64,372 The quiet, calm people who silently inspire by their actions and fill a lot of roles most people don't want/can't do. They really are rare, so if you have one, give him DOUGH, but not too much....They have their really unproductive phases, too....

ISFP - $64,166 Dudeeeeeeeee, I can do what I love and make - well, decent - money!!!!! Sing us a song, Mr. Piano Man!!!!!!! Sing and have some weed tonight!!!!

ISFJ - $63,870 The practical helpers who do the work everyone is too lazy/apathetic/disgusted to do. Can't give them very much money, but give 'em enough so that they don't quit!!!

ESFP - $63,281 Fuck it!!! I don't need money! I need to have FUN DUDEEEEEEEEEEE!!!! YEAHHHHHHH!!!! Or I'm a rock star or an actress, in which case I'm better than even Mr. Idiot CEO guy.

ENTP - $62,960 I can tinker with things??? And play with ideas??? And make patents and other neat stuff so that OTHER PEOPLE CAN MAKE MONEY?! AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!

INFP - $61,565 Money? Whaaa'? Oh, fuck, right I need to pay my bills. That sucks.

StrawMan

MBTI Type
ENTP
It's income of the household? So the types that tend to be single more often will take a little hit in this. The ones on top are not really surprising though.

Xenon

(blankpages)
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
It's income of the household? So the types that tend to be single more often will take a little hit in this. The ones on top are not really surprising though.

Yeah, I was thinking the same. If it's household income being measured, the variation how likely each type is to marry (or stay married) would make a big difference.

Still some predictable observations there though. Like, Ps having lower income. *pouts*

StrawMan

MBTI Type
ENTP
Talkin' about households, here's a list of marriage percentages from the same source I assume (found it in INTJ forum). People live together outside marriage too, but this gives at least some indication of the tendencies.

Highest Percentage Married
(From highest to lowest)

1. ESFJ (53%)
2. ISTJ (51%)
3. ENTJ (51%)
4. ESTJ (50%)
5. ISFJ (48%)
6. INTJ (44%)
7. ISTP (43%)
8. ENFJ (40%)
9. ISFP (38%)
10. INFJ (37%)
11. ENTP (37%)
12. ENFP (36%)
13. INTP (35%)
14. ESFP (34%)
15. ESTP (31%)
16. INFP (30%)

P's can't do the marriage thing right either. :D

I'm surprised at low percentages for ESxP's. They don't like to tie the knot then...

Edit. Maybe this study just mostly tells that some types are more marriage-oriented than others, and not much about being single.

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
of course not married =/= not having a household income... we're not married, but we DO have a house and a household income :whistling:

also... it's suspicious that all of the individuals in the chart fall above the median household income of the US... it makes me feel inclined not to beleive that it's correct :thelook:

Betty Blue

Let me count the ways
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7W6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
ENTJ owns at life :devil:

once again, empiracle proof that the ENTJ owns at life. :devil:

after looking at these two charts ^

if you are unsure of being ENTJ or ENTJ: how succesful are you?
if you are unsure of being ENFP or ENTP: how succesful are you?

Too funny.
ENTJ's owning at life is dependant, by your own standards at
the research of one study on mbti and declared income and education.
1) Who are the suckers paying the most taxes
2) If earning a few dollars more (declared) income makes you own life...have it
3) Education is not all learnt in university, and having a degree is not a measure of intelligence but of academia, again have it
4) I'm not in any of the brackets on that list :smile:

Do a little dance

(sorry if this has already been said, i just read the first few posts)

Scott N Denver

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Stereotype Central:

(YES, it's a JOKE - not serious!)

Household Income
ENTJ - $84,434 The CEOs that command other people to do their work while they plan market domination and stomp out the competition with an iron fist. Or the CIA.

ESTJ - $76,238 The hard workers that have a heart attack at age 50 because they never took a vacation, but who have earned the respect of everyone - and have nearly the best income. They work harder than 10 workers.

ESFJ - $74,882 The hard workers that have a heart attack/stroke because they took everything too much to heart and cannot say no, but who no one can afford to be without, so please please please give them a good salary.

INTJ - $72,043 The strategic planners who can delegate well and remain extremely focused on their own tasks while thinking long-term. Fuck, without him....Don't even want to think about it....Indisposable, even if they are a bit....*ahem*

ENFJ - $71,060 The people who make everyone on the team feel so comfy that they have the best results, and who can think long-term enough to connive everyone into doing their best.

ISTJ - $71,020 The keep-on-trucking crowd who keep everyone else's ass in line while they study/work hard and totally rock at keeping on track. Besides, who's going to remember all the regulations and deadlines if that dude isn't there???

ESTP - $69,323 The cunning salesman who can sell a fish a bicycle and make him feel happy about it. Can't make it without those guys.

ISTP - $67,349 The stuntman who flies off cliffs screaming and fists in the air because with that clever move he just made his yearly salary. He might die, but who gives a rat's ass? Oh, yeah, they are also dexterous, and we aren't so....yeah....better keep him here.

ENFP - $66,210 The clever manager with the awesome ideas, the incredible motivating tactics who can sit on his ass, because hey - cool I can make a median income by making others do my shit for me!!! YEAH BABYYYYYYYY!

INTP - $64,872 The clever researchers who do all the mind work no one else wants to do - so what the hell, give him a good income so that I don't have to do his shit - oh, and he's quite creative and effective, too. When he wants to be.

INFJ - $64,372 The quiet, calm people who silently inspire by their actions and fill a lot of roles most people don't want/can't do. They really are rare, so if you have one, give him DOUGH, but not too much....They have their really unproductive phases, too....

ISFP - $64,166 Dudeeeeeeeee, I can do what I love and make - well, decent - money!!!!! Sing us a song, Mr. Piano Man!!!!!!! Sing and have some weed tonight!!!!

ISFJ - $63,870 The practical helpers who do the work everyone is too lazy/apathetic/disgusted to do. Can't give them very much money, but give 'em enough so that they don't quit!!!

ESFP - $63,281 Fuck it!!! I don't need money! I need to have FUN DUDEEEEEEEEEEE!!!! YEAHHHHHHH!!!! Or I'm a rock star or an actress, in which case I'm better than even Mr. Idiot CEO guy.

ENTP - $62,960 I can tinker with things??? And play with ideas??? And make patents and other neat stuff so that OTHER PEOPLE CAN MAKE MONEY?! AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!

INFP - $61,565 Money? Whaaa'? Oh, fuck, right I need to pay my bills. That sucks.

OMG that was HILARIOUS. :rofl1: and more than just a little accurate/insightful :doh: :boohoo:

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I suppose the low INFP figure is lowest because they so often do charity or underpaid work for a "good cause"
It's most likely because INFPs are useless, but that's probably another major factor.

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
You are not your type. You are you.

Snuggletron

Reptilian
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
fight-club-still.jpg

Such Irony

Honor Thy Inferior
MBTI Type
INtp
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Only in ENTP and ESFP case the I's perform better than the E's.

But yea what is surprising is the ENTP. How you explain that?

I'm not surprised ENTP is ranked near the bottom. ENTPs tend to drift from one interest to another. They tend to change jobs frequently and usually don't stay in a job long enough to move up the salary ranks. I'd expect ENFPs to be comparable to ENTPs in this regard, yet ENFPs are higher up on the list. ENTPs tend to have more intellectually than materistically oriented.

I would have thought ESFP would have came up slightly higher. Like ENTPs, I could see them quitting jobs on impulse but I think they are more materialistic than ENTPs and probably care more overall about money, so probably somewhat more motivated to the work to earn it.

INFP, I'm not surprised they're at the bottom of the list. They tend to value money less than most other types for one thing. They'd rather follow their hearts and do something that's lucrative. Plus INFPs tend to be rather unassertive and may not ask for a raise even when its well deserved.

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'm not surprised ENTP is ranked near the bottom. ENTPs tend to drift from one interest to another. They tend to change jobs frequently and usually don't stay in a job long enough to move up the salary ranks. I'd expect ENFPs to be comparable to ENTPs in this regard, yet ENFPs are higher up on the list.
ENFPs are Te-tertiary, which makes them somewhat more grounded than ENTPs, especially as they mature. ESTPs tend to fare far worse than ENTPs in this regard, but they're ace salesmen -- and sales is a very lucrative field.

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Slight correction: It's a very lucrative field for ESTPs...

mysavior

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IT
I think INTJ would be at the top of the list. I think ENTJs are simply liars when it comes to salary stats. I fully believe INFPs ranking near the bottom. In many non-profits, I usually see IxFJs.

BlueGray

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Lol, the English teacher get 39,000 and the maths teacher 66,000...how *does* your country work? ;)

The math teacher is in a more expensive area and also where more money is put into education. There is a P.E. teacher in the same state as the math teacher making 73,000.

The dog walker making $100,000 makes no sense.

InvisibleJim

Permabanned
:shock: the INTJ and ISTP are more frequently married than the ENFJ?

Of course. We INTJs may not look especially interesting but we have many desirable qualities such as competency, stability and directness coupled with a dash of creativity and pluralistic ethics.