• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

US Presidential Election statistics

Take Five

Supreme Allied Commander
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
1w9
I'm doing some research on how much and why Catholic voters count in presidential elections since 1976. What I need is a table of statistics of who people voted for in each election since 1976 by religion, or just of Catholics themselves. Voting participation level statistics along the same lines would also help. Does anyone know where to find reliable sources for this information, preferably published online? My library sucks.

JocktheMotie

Habitual Fi LineStepper
Hmm, I think your best bet is to just Google "US presidential election statistics."

I would think there's a governmental website out there with a breakdown. Not sure if census takes a poll of that at all.

Take Five

Supreme Allied Commander
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
1w9
US Census doesn't take polls of how catholics or religions in general vote for president. Every other kind of demographic but that it seems.

speculative

Feelin' FiNe
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
US Census doesn't take polls of how catholics or religions in general vote for president. Every other kind of demographic but that it seems.

Try a Catholic interest group - something like that may have such statistics. Alternately, someone like Zogby who does a bazillion elections polls may have such data.