• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Your favorite teacher/professor's type

Cenomite

Systematic chaos
MBTI Type
ENTP
My favorite of all time was my Calculus professor. He was (oddly enough) an ENTP for sure. I could follow his thought patterns and explanations amazingly, and he was really cool to joke around with (we waged friendly verbal warfare quite frequently).

Another was a Computer Science professor who I'm fairly certain was INTx (probably INTP). He was one of the most experienced and interesting guys I've had for a teacher, and he really took an interest in you if you showed interest first. I came to his office one day to shoot the breeze about a certain CS topic, and he ended up letting me borrow a bunch of books on the topic that he had lying around, and then going to the graduate library with me to find more stuff. I've never had a professor who was that willing to help a student out. He was a funny guy, too.

What about you guys?

kiddykat

movin melodies
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4, 7
My stats instructor- ENTP
English Professor- INFJ
Psychology Professors- both ENFJs
Physiology, Sociology, Art History, another math instructor- ENFPs
History- INTP
Digital Design- INXP

I related to them most.. Much props to teachers!

Kangirl

I'm a star.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
I strongly prefer profs who can control the class, give a proper/clear lecture and not allow stupid, talkative students to chat away and waste everyone's time.

I don't like profs who try to be cool.

I like 'em strict, for selfish reasons.

Nonsensical

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Easily and without a doubt an ENTP. Makes class fun, exciting, really gets you thinking, and stirs things up a bit. Not like every other borring teacher you have, but uses jokes, stories, metaphors, that engage the class mentally and physically to promote the information.

ENTP's make great teachers.

nanook

a scream in a vortex
oh and in elementary school, there was a sweet super sensitive (in a child way) guy..."Mr. Tschombler" he was a little bit like jack lemon in "12 angry men". either SiFe or FiPe ...

he sang songs with us, like "we shall overcome ... " or "blowin in the wind"

but he was one of two teachers who were driven to tears by the bitch of the class (something like christina aguilera or maybe more like Lucy Lawless) ... so that probably disqualifies him as teacher.

JocktheMotie

Habitual Fi LineStepper
ENTP-History.

Called me "Herr Professor [german last name]" all the time, spoke it to me constantly despite me not knowing much, completely out of his mind. Would send students to get him Ginger Ale, then put sugar in it to get rid of the carbonation. Here is a real conversation we had:

[Me] Err...Mr. [Last name], I have a strange request to ask of you.

[Teacher] Sure Herr professor [last name], depends on how strange.

[Me] Well I have an aunt and uncle who are teachers in Germany, and they wanted to look around a bit and see what American schools are like, was wondering if you wouldn't mind showing them around.

[Teacher] Oh! Well sure, but that's not a strange request. Now if you wanted to take your girlfriend up to the roof and have wild sex during lunch, that would've been a strange request. But I still would have said yes.

[Me] Uhh...thank you.

Can't make it up.

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
INTJ female for english. I talk with her all the time, she rocks. :D

Bougal

HUZZAH!
MBTI Type
ENTP
INTJ Sociology Teacher
INTJ History Teacher
ENFJ English Teacher
InfJ Calc Teacher
eNTP Psych Teacher

FDG

pathwise dependent
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w8
I strongly prefer profs who can control the class, give a proper/clear lecture and not allow stupid, talkative students to chat away and waste everyone's time.

The opposite of what she said.

I think my all-time favorite was an ENFP professor of public policy. He was funny and very smart, but kind of lazy and couldn't really care less about the teaching; he left us with a lot of freedom, and he would always ask me to compute derivatives for him, since he had trouble with that, lol. Some people despised him for his easygoing approach, but I think that's the way to go.

Little Linguist

Striving for balance
MBTI Type
xNFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
You need a good combination of carrots and sticks to be a good teacher.

Moiety

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Now that I think about it I think the man was an ENFP. Portuguese teacher in high school. Outstanding character. He looked like he was drunk and would have sudden outbursts of rage...and he'd tell the most outrageously funny life stories in the middle of class... he was also the only teacher who "got me".

Lol, sure enough I found him at a street party/festival last December drunk out of his skull. He actually proposed a toast in my honor. He admitted he didn't like me too much at first but he even knew my nickname (used by my classmates) which surprised me. It was nice to know he remembered me after all those years. :D (I gave him hell at first I suppose...Fi self-righteousness you see...he threw me out of classroom a few times haha)

Magic Poriferan

^He pronks, too!
MBTI Type
Yin
Enneagram
One
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
English professor. :heart:

I couldn't draw a confident conclusion about her type. Last step I took was to guess she's EN_P, but it's really hard to guess if she'd be F or T. Part of the problem is that she really focused on critical thinking, and the subject material made it really hard to tell which side she'd lean toward. Sort of blurred the lines.

I can actually list the letters I picked for her in descending order of confidence.

N
E
P
T/F?

If she wasn't an EN_P, my next guess would be ENFJ. She doesn't seem very ENTJ.

hokie912

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
High school: ENTJ English teacher
College: ENFJ psychology advisor; INTP biology professor

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
xNTJ Chemistry teachers back in high school, my ENFJ Chinese teacher from secondary school.

BerberElla

12 and a half weeks
MBTI Type
infp

Wow, same here. I always responded better to the strict teachers because I was one of the talkative students who distracted the rest of the class lol and a strict teacher knew how to deal with that instead of giving in to me.

I have no idea what type she was, but my favourite teacher was the french teacher, and she was a tough bitch on short legs, no one else liked her but me. :smile: