User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Hmm...

Calculus teacher in high school...was probably an xNTP or something. He made fun of everyone in the class equally. While that might make him seem unkind, if you had a problem with something, he would do his best to help you figure it out and was actually an incredibly kind person. He just liked to poke fun at everyone. I didn't mind it.

One of the illustration professors I have now...I've no idea what type she is, but sometimes I get struck with ENTx or something... It's funny with her, because I was scared shitless of her for years and avoided her classes like the plague. I finally took one of her classes last year and discovered that while she's blunt in her approach, she's actually not all that er...frightening. Just blunt, which takes some getting used to. I probably respect her more than any other professor I've had here because she's pushed me so hard beyond my limits. She's very good at perceiving other people's limits and then pushing them just so so they go beyond it without falling over themselves. (Or at least, that's what I think she can do anyway...she might argue otherwise.)
    "I took the one less traveled by,
    And that has made all the difference."

Robert Frost

garbage

The computer science professor I have for my two classes this semester is pretty cool, and he's ENTP. He's got this whole "don't worry about it" attitude and focuses on the concepts, asks a lot of questions to his class, and so on. He could organize his lectures a bit better, but at least they're in Powerpoint so some order is there by design..

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

My tap dance prof is INFJ. I want to be her when I grow up.

One of my old Japanese professors was INfJ. She helped me get through the "I am scared to talk to people in a foreign language because it is awkward" stage. It was nice to have an introvert for Japanese class for a while.

I had an ESTP science teacher in high school who was hilarious. I was never much of a science person, but I enjoyed being in his class.

My high school English teacher had the most awesome sarcastic sense of humor ever, besides being a kick-ass English teacher. He was INTJ.

Lasting_Pain

Not my favorite professor but he is cool so far, ISTJ

My English Teacher is either an INTJ, ENTJ, or INTP. Still trying to decipher which one she is.

MBTI
    INTJ

ENTP professors are usually very popular, but will very frequently fool the students into thinking that they understand the subject (Richard Feynman, for example, was a master of tricking people into believing that they had a good grasp of complicated material). So they can be very good instructors for simple topics, but their obsession with performance, anecdote, and metaphor can be a little damaging.

INTJ professors on the other hand are not loved by the students but, if you can pass their classes, you can be sure that you have mastered the subject. Also, my opinion on this is completely objective and has nothing to do with the fact that I'm an INTJ professor!

Fun fact: My RateMyProfessors page has the most comments to the tune of "giant dikhed shud be fierd for dikhedednes lmao" in the department.
    Aleph-One, you look like the kind of person who would spend his spare time building a giant robot to hold the government for ransom. -Some Guy on the Internet

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx

I think my government professor is an INTP, possibly an ISTP, i love him!
    I also liked my History professor a lot, i think he was an ENTJ.
    INFP 4w5
    facebook
    The pain won't let me get away.

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Aleph-One View Post
    ENTP professors are usually very popular, but will very frequently fool the students into thinking that they understand the subject (Richard Feynman, for example, was a master of tricking people into believing that they had a good grasp of complicated material). So they can be very good instructors for simple topics, but their obsession with performance, anecdote, and metaphor can be a little damaging..
    This seems to be true with my ENTP calc professor. I watch him do insanely complex problems, understand his explanations perfectly, and figure that I'm fine. Then I go to do his homework and get mindfucked.
    The probability that I was procrastinating when I was typing this post:

P(have big assignment due) = 0.6
    P(posting on TypoC) = 0.2
    P(having big assignment due | posting on TypoC) = 0.7

P(posting on TypoC | having big assignment due) = .......

Eh, I'll finish it later.

MBTI
    crak
    Enneagram
    sax
    Socionics
    adhd

the physics type?
    naw i dont know. the only one that caught on to my different learnig style and attempted to teach and test me accordinly is a mystery type.
    i got obsessed with one my teachers once an enfj. coincidently(?) one of the best teachers ive ever had. i do that.... getting obsessed with people who hone in on me.
    the teachers that are worst for me are left brained SJs that talk talk talk.
    Last edited by Ulaes; 04-27-2009 at 12:31 AM.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Aleph-One View Post

INTJ professors on the other hand are not loved by the students but, if you can pass their classes, you can be sure that you have mastered the subject. Also, my opinion on this is completely objective and has nothing to do with the fact that I'm an INTJ professor!

My two all-time favorites are both INTJs. They are rigorous, demanding, hard-working, brilliant men. I wouldn't want them any other way.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    9w1

ENTP English professor. ENTPs are amazing, especially at the college level, since they don't have to get all pissy at the kids for misbehaving. She doesn't take crap, but she really makes the class move forward.

Also, my INTP Psych professor. Funny guy.
    "Can you set me free from this dark inner world? Save me now, last beats in the soul.."

Fonewearl and proud of it!

I (85%) - N (80%) - F (35%) - P (90%)
    O: 94% C: 18% E: 21% A: 94% N: 38%
    9w1 (SP, SX, SO)
    (9, 5, 4)
    RCUAI (Primary Calm)