• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Good Course of Action?

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
So I failed 2 semesters in a row, no need to hear the details. Well I need to get my gpa up to 2.0 and in order to do this I need to get all A's I've realized that is not going to be possible. So my plan is to keep working doing everything I can to get the highest grades, talk to the counselor see what she says, talk to the advisor show them that I'm working really hard and that my grades are all A's and B's and to let me stay one more semester and I know I can get my GPA up to 2.0 I mean with A's and B's it will be at a 1.88 which I mean last semester I got D's and F's and semester before that mostly F's so I think if I can show I'm getting back on track that will help?

If they still won't let me stay move back home for a year take some courses at the community college work for a year come back to school. I know none of this is ideal, but I do want to graduate college.

Rangler

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
3w8
Too bad you let it slip, but there's never a good excuse to give up on yourself. I believe you can to it with total commitment. :) In fact, I will bet someone $5 that prplchknz will get all As and Bs.

miked277

MBTI Type
INTP
full commitment is the key. whenever you find yourself doing anything, just ask yourself if it is furthering your academic goals. this is of course a lot easier when you really enjoy what you're studying, but i digress.

i personally like the motto of NEVER GIVE UP, NEVER SURRENDER!!!

edit: not that it's got much to do with the details of your situation but, i find that hanging out on typologycentral all day to be an extreme waste of time when compared to studying or working. though, when compared to watching tv or playing video games, hanging out on TC is actually semi-productive. so yeah, there you go :)

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
i can multitask, besides i'm reading now, well not now now but i was until i decided to look up. I can't read straight or else the letters go all ooh let's go here-->

Halla74

Artisan Conquerer
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
So I failed 2 semesters in a row, no need to hear the details. Well I need to get my gpa up to 2.0 and in order to do this I need to get all A's I've realized that is not going to be possible. So my plan is to keep working doing everything I can to get the highest grades, talk to the counselor see what she says, talk to the advisor show them that I'm working really hard and that my grades are all A's and B's and to let me stay one more semester and I know I can get my GPA up to 2.0 I mean with A's and B's it will be at a 1.88 which I mean last semester I got D's and F's and semester before that mostly F's so I think if I can show I'm getting back on track that will help?

If they still won't let me stay move back home for a year take some courses at the community college work for a year come back to school. I know none of this is ideal, but I do want to graduate college.

You NEED to go to your university's REGISTRAR and get the paerwork needed for a MEDICAL WITHDRAWAL. Somehting in your life is causing grief enough to slip like that. Go to a MEDICAL DOCTOR (your primary care physician is fine, DO NOT GO TO A SCHOOL HEALTH CLINIC MD or RN) and pay the $120 office visit if you must.

There is a good chance you are experienceing some sort of depression or anxiety, which is easily treated, and which a MD can sign your medical withdrawal forms and accomplish the following for you:

(1) Reversal of all D's / F's to "W."
(2) Possible reimbursement of tuition for the semester
(3) Possible additional leniency in continuing studies without interruption, or as a provisional student for a semester until you get your grades up.

This works very well, it is a process there for a reason, take it and make your tax dollars work for you when you need them to.

Good luck!

;)

Jeremy

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w1

Depending on where you are in terms of your college adventure, I'd say the last course you listed - going back to CC - might be a good idea, especially if you're going to an expensive school or one that has horrible undergrad classes for first and second years (Like Ohio State :steam:).

If you're determined to stay, then stay, but there's not much penalty for trying something different either. I think you can probably do whatever you set your mind to, even though I don't know you very well. You just have to make the decision for yourself. I know that's hard; I have a hard time doing it too.

Kangirl

I'm a star.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
You NEED to go to your university's REGISTRAR and get the paerwork needed for a MEDICAL WITHDRAWAL. Somehting in your life is causing grief enough to slip like that. Go to a MEDICAL DOCTOR (your primary care physician is fine, DO NOT GO TO A SCHOOL HEALTH CLINIC MD or RN) and pay the $120 office visit if you must.

There is a good chance you are experienceing some sort of depression or anxiety, which is easily treated, and which a MD can sign your medical withdrawal forms and accomplish the following for you:

(1) Reversal of all D's / F's to "W."
(2) Possible reimbursement of tuition for the semester
(3) Possible additional leniency in continuing studies without interruption, or as a provisional student for a semester until you get your grades up.

This works very well, it is a process there for a reason, take it and make your tax dollars work for you when you need them to.

This is a great plan - I have a very close friend who did exactly this. I don't know about your university, but my uni is generally very helpful and understanding when it comes to issues like this - go see one of the doctors at the university, get the paperwork done, and get the grades turned to W's. W's are neutral on an academic record, but D's and F's aren't, unfortunately. Good luck!