First 678

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTj

Quote Originally Posted by Quinlan View Post
    Well it is no wonder that the business world struggles so much with innovation, creativity and change, they are too busy maintaining their expected norms.
    Yeah, and it's no wonder that the businesses that have been fluorishing the most in the past 10 years are those that pay the least attention to these idiotic protocols.
    ENTj 7-3-8 sx/sp

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    Booo

Quote Originally Posted by FDG View Post
    Yeah, and it's no wonder that the businesses that have been fluorishing the most in the past 10 years are those that pay the least attention to these idiotic protocols.
    Yes! Now there's an ENTJ looking to the future, got to get rid of this 1950s style thinking.

ish red no longer *sad* nightning's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfj

Quote Originally Posted by wolfy View Post
    It's simply too much work to sift through all the data. People look for patterns that fit with their preconceptions. And make judgements from there.

So it does make life easier. I'm not saying it's a good thing it just is what it is.
    You don't have to follow the rules and often it's fun to break conventions and it sometimes pays off.
    And you can change them if you're willing to pay the price.
    Quote Originally Posted by FDG View Post
    Both of you need to figure out the facts first before stating assumptions as truths...

Chandy & Tellis 2006
    http://www.csom.umn.edu/Assets/71635.pdf
    My stuff (design & other junk) lives here: http://nnbox.ca

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTj

Quote Originally Posted by nightning View Post
    Both of you need to figure out the facts first before stating assumptions as truths...

Chandy & Tellis 2006
    http://www.csom.umn.edu/Assets/71635.pdf
    And you need to understand what we're talking about before providing links that don't contradict our stance, thinking that they do. Thanks. Nobody said that those firms have to be startups, duh.
    ENTj 7-3-8 sx/sp

MBTI
    ENTJ

The hell? "Why are people so judgemental"?

Dude, a job interview IS a judging situation. Interviewing a person for a job IS, literally, judging them. Judging their suitability for the job.

It is not the same situation as walking down the street, seeing someone with pigtails and thinking "clearly this person is an immature loser and totally worthless as a human being" - I agree that's overly judgemental and not necessary or helpful at all.
    "Only an irrational dumbass, would burn Jews." - Jaguar

"please give concise answers in plain English" - request from Provoker

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    Booo

Quote Originally Posted by Kangirl View Post
    The hell? "Why are people so judgemental"?

Dude, a job interview IS a judging situation. Interviewing a person for a job IS, literally, judging them. Judging their suitability for the job.

It is not the same situation as walking down the street, seeing someone with pigtails and thinking "clearly this person is an immature loser and totally worthless as a human being" - I agree that's overly judgemental and not necessary or helpful at all.
    I kind of meant "judgemental" as in judging people on irrelevant things rather than sticking to what's important. I don't even think an interview is the best way of determining who would be good at some jobs, people surprise me all the time after getting to know them. An interview will tell you that person has good interviewing skills, beyond that I wouldn't draw too much from it. But then I suppose I'm just being idealistic and way too FP, ahwell.

Edit: Just went back and read what I was referring to, I meant the strangers your workers would be interacting with, they shouldn't be judging your books by their covers.

MBTI
    XNTJ

Default `

I think it should be allowed as long as it is nothing too revealing or offensive.
    I work in an office where dressing up is an option and casual is allowed, and
    the guidelines are pretty close to that. Generally everyone gets along pretty
    well because people are encouraged to work together on projects as long as
    they're not distrubing someone else or slacking off on their work just to chit
    chat and goof off but people have a sense of humor so being a little easily
    amused once in a while is allowed. That's how I generally prefer most of my
    work enviornments, not too strict, but the appropriate amount of structure
    and not too isolated but not distruptive either. I work another part time job
    where the environment is the exact opposite. I mean the dress code thing
    is the same, but people get away with murder like gossip, backstabbing and
    checking around to see what of people's personal business they can bring
    into their jobs to make their day hell then play dumb and try to make it look
    like they're just getting distracted when they get flustered. Some of them
    don't do it on purpose, they just get pulled in by stronger personalities bec-
    ause they're nice to a fault and don't know what a bully is. I know who's
    way to stay out of but luckily I'm just not afraid of people because I know I
    can't afford to loose that job so they back off when I don't react and leave
    me alone.

ENTJ

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

I understand the need to dress appropriately for any situation (ie. a bikini is fine at the beach, not at the office), but I will not work anywhere with some uptight dress code. People who get stuck on stupid stuff like open-toed shoes at an office need to apply their same zeal for something that actually matters.
    Besides, what is "professional" to one person is hideously bland and unimaginative to me, offenses far worse to me than not being "professional".

As a designer, I see rules for design as fluid guidelines, and I apply that same thinking to things like dress/grooming. Acknowledge the rules, but then break them while upholding the principles.
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe