User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1

good post. i like how you didn't say "because they are an XY they do this". you just pointed out general behaviors and the students that tend to embody them. thank you for the intelligent and insightful post
    "Honest differences are often a healthy sign of progress. "

"You must not lose faith in humanity. Humanity is an ocean; if a few drops of the ocean are dirty, the ocean does not become dirty."

"An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind."

Mahatma Gandhi

Enneagram: 9w1

MBTI
    INTP

Hey, SW-- Do you have any good tips for ear training? I think I need to strengthen my ear some more, to be able to replicate what I hear, both in guitar and voice.
    Something Witty

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by Tallulah View Post
    Hey, SW-- Do you have any good tips for ear training? I think I need to strengthen my ear some more

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by ThatsWhatHeSaid View Post
    Is dude hanging weights from his earlobes!? YIKES.
    Something Witty

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

See, with that attitude, you'll never train your ear properly.

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by ThatsWhatHeSaid View Post
    See, with that attitude, you'll never train your ear properly.
    Clearly, I do not have the makings of a dedicated musician.
    Something Witty

F CK all I need is U ilikeitlikethat's Avatar
    MBTI
    xNTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/so

<- INTP and self taught (at first) - Only later did I learn stuff from other guitarists and tutors and such, but at the start, when I got into guitar, it was just like 'me meeting the guitar' and playing it on my terms...

Before that, I was 12/13 when THAT^ happened, before that, when I was like 9, 10, around then, people did try and teach me chords, and, fore that, I thought that single notes were all chords and listening to Slash solos... Young Me thought that guitar was the hardest sh*t/thing in the world... I was taught my notes on the piano when I was like 5 or 6, maybe even 4!
    So I used to play the piano a lot.

This is me, now.

I'm 25, right now, my last YouTube video was recorded in March 2012.

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m0Tp3nxNqHs"]Double Talkin' Jive Backing Track + Myself[/YOUTUBE]

I redesign old/broken electric guitars and have them rebuilt to how I want it.
    I have 15 guitars. Ish'

This is my most favourite of all guitars

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i_MBtdBpc54"]Welcome to the Jungle Backing Track + Myself[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ClvYHwpNmdQ&feature=relmfu"]N.E.R.D - Lapdance + Myself[/YOUTUBE]

I called those videos testing my gear because, I was, I just got my 1996 Red Sparkle Top Gibson Custom Shop Les Paul Standard from my guitar guy's workshop after he installed a set of Seymour Duncan APH-1s... I just got in, was so excited (had been practising all day), I strapped on my guitar and started recording.

MBTI
    ISFJ

How insightful! I've recently picked up the guitar again and I enjoy learning and refining what I need to know, but occasionally I just like to make stuff up and that's how I originally started.

I am very much by the books, but I see all that as training for something more creative.
    I just want to float.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9

Usually I hesitate to generalize by type, but this post actually makes a fantastic point that I have in fact observed through years of interacting with different kids in the fine arts.

As for myself, I think I had the definite NT approach to learning. I wasn't the best singer in the world before because I wasn't good at going by feel. I couldn't just blow everyone away at karaoke night. However, I went in for theory and lessons and discovered that I had quite the set of lungs on me. It helped tremendously, finding out all the little intricacies behind singing and the technical work that goes into it. It made everything that much more clear and far more enjoyable.
    1w9 sx/sp
    A little song, a little dance, a little seltzer down your pants.

All that is gold does not glitter
    Not all those who wander are lost

F CK all I need is U ilikeitlikethat's Avatar
    MBTI
    xNTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/so

Your guitar playing sounds a whole lot better when you're playing with emotion... I'm like a sloth who, likes to dream, but even I've played whilst crying before, and it was during that whole playing and crying thing, that I learned 'the hard way' you sound better when playing with emotions. I wasn't crying because of the guitar or anything, I was crying because this girl broke my heart, I was playing guitar anyway... I was crying and playing guitar, I did notice my playig was different, more emotional then, but; I was in tears, so that sucked.