User Tag List

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Can't make up my mind, need help.

I actually called the police here to ask a few months back. They said there is no legal age but they suggest 12.

Work really hard for a couple more years so you have a lot of money in the bank and then do the education thing? Your kids will be older too.

It's a J plan, though and I don't know how much satisfaction you can get from working towards a goal.

Perhaps you can even get a job at a uni for now? Set aside a couple of hours/week to devote to literature, read some books, join a book club to make it easier? Talk to professors, mothers that study and the finance department of unis. You want to get as much information as you can get. There are dozens of obscure benefit programmes/grants that fail to be taken advantage of simply because no one knows about them/wants to make the effort to go hunt after them (bureaucracy).

English lit also won't make you rich when you leave school, which means you might keep struggling for a while. If it were me, I'd only take on that adventure with a certain financial reserve. The poverty might also take a heavy toll on your school experience.

Good luck with the decision.