User Tag List

First 12345 Last

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by FemmeUrbane View Post
    I'm good with making systems. I'm not so great at keeping them
    Yep. I've lost count of how many systems I've set up to keep my desk at work vaguely organised. They only work when my workload isn't too high. As soon as I get overwhelmed, even for a day, it all goes to shit and the organised chaos starts to get a bit disorganised. Then it stays that way until a) I have to move desks or b) I get a new job. I think part of me believes that once I find The Perfect System, then my desk will stop looking like it's been snowing paper.

Things are usually pretty clear in my mind, though. I remember the dates of all the big upcoming meetings and mostly can remember what I need to do. I'm usually juggling a few too many things, though, and I still haven't found a way of reliably keeping track of my short and long term to do lists. I think my current system is occasionally dropping reminders into Outlook calendar for the random stuff, like conference abstracts or whatever, and hoping that if I forget anything that's really important, someone will yell at me and I'll do it then.

Electronic files at work are organised despite the chaos of my desk. It's super easy for anyone else to use and my system for that has actually survived the overwhelming workload days.

At home, bills get stuck on the fridge and the due date gets stuck in my mind. I have a calendar stuck up in the kitchen where we write down appointments or invitations to stuff. Occasionally I remember to look at the calendar. We mostly do this so we don't end up with parallel timelines when we both need the car.
    ...so much smoke pouring out of each chromosome.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTj

Uhm. I see what things I have to get done, and allocate some time each day to do them. Alternatively, if it's something that has to be done at a precise time, well, I remember to do it and do it. I never get why people need to actually write things down.
    ENTj 7-3-8 sx/sp

MBTI
    ENTP

I don't.

My backpack is literally just papers thrown in and a notebook.
    The probability that I was procrastinating when I was typing this post:

P(have big assignment due) = 0.6
    P(posting on TypoC) = 0.2
    P(having big assignment due | posting on TypoC) = 0.7

P(posting on TypoC | having big assignment due) = .......

Eh, I'll finish it later.

MBTI
    ENTP

youre all a bunch of filthy and messy cochinos!

i agree though, everything just piles & piles up until i get "inspiration" or when i cant take it anymore because it becomes gross.
    usually someone ends up doing it for me though before i even get to like my mom or someone who thinks it too much.
    i even make my entj friend do everything for me
    after mins of going back & forth
    "you do it"
    "no, i dont wanna"
    "i dont want to either"
    "so?"
    "its your room"
    "i dont care? go do it!"
    "ahhh fine!...."

bahaha
    She talks pretty but says mean things

garbage

Quote Originally Posted by FDG View Post
    I never get why people need to actually write things down.
    Horrible memory, but I'm getting better at it. I also have way, way too much to keep track of at any given time, so I probably couldn't trust my memory.

I don't just write things down, though. My system instead involves synchronizing my phone's calendar with my work computer, an online calendar, and my home computer automatically and in one fell swoop so that I always have easy and ready access to my schedule and tasks. I also wrote a small program to email my schedule to myself every day. When I'm at any of my computers, my schedule is embedded in the desktop so that it's always visible.

In general, I use a lot of small computer programs and scripts that I've written to automate the process of keeping me informed, organized, and efficient as well as keeping my records up to date, including my schedule and finances. With other records, I just keep folders or files, often color-coded and labeled.

Minister of Propagandhi ajblaise's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP

I have lots and lots of 'notepads' opened on my computer. 15 right now. They save my life.

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram

#1 BLACKBERRY...if I didn't have password keeper I would be royally screwed.
    #2 Laptop folders
    #3 Memory for details

If I didn't have my blackberry I would probably go insane. I don't get much use out of calanders and day planners because my life is on a day to day basis.

ish red no longer *sad* nightning's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfj

Quote Originally Posted by FDG View Post
    Uhm. I see what things I have to get done, and allocate some time each day to do them. Alternatively, if it's something that has to be done at a precise time, well, I remember to do it and do it. I never get why people need to actually write things down.
    Quote Originally Posted by greed View Post
    Horrible memory, but I'm getting better at it. I also have way, way too much to keep track of at any given time, so I probably couldn't trust my memory.
    Same for me. Also sometimes I get so wrapped up with one thing that I lose track of time/the fact that I also have other things I needed to do that day. I need plenty of reminders and computer apps are quite helpful for that.
    My stuff (design & other junk) lives here: http://nnbox.ca

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by bluebell View Post
    As soon as I get overwhelmed, even for a day, it all goes to shit and the organised chaos starts to get a bit disorganised. Then it stays that way until a) I have to move desks or b) I get a new job.

Me too! I like moving. It keeps me "organized".
    Practice random kindness and senseless acts of beauty.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Kickin' Ass since 1984 GargoylesLegacy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w9
    Socionics
    esTp

Normally I know what I have to do, but never the less I make a "To Do List", just because I like to *organize* my schedules; also I love to strike out the things I have done. It's almost become some sort of finishing-ritual. I even mark if I started things already. I just like to use lists. With all the 100 ideas I always have (even when lying in bed; makes it impossible to sleep) I seriously need a notebook and a pencil pretty often. Also it reduces my stresslevel, because if I actually start to feel stressed and like "I have so much to do" I just recheck my list and see if that is true or if I am just being paranoid. Works good for me. Lists are fun.

As for finances: I have it all in my head. There is not too much going on anyways, so my head is enough to keep track. In case I ever forget something I still have the print-outs that my bank sends me every 2 months or so. I always put them in a folder ordered by date. So in case I need to look something up it's all there.
    Rule #1: Driver picks the music. Shotgun shuts his cakehole.

Again, Demons I get, but people are just crazy.

ESTP? o.O