User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Ideas for part time jobs that involve little social interaction?

Default Ideas for part time jobs that involve little social interaction?

So yeah it would be nice to have a job. I feel stagnation and it's annoying. Also the cash would be really nice to have.

I only go to college Tuesdays and Thursdays all day. So I have five days off a week.. which doesn't help with the stagnation feeling.

I do really well in school, 3.7. I'm still in high school though so I don't have a diploma. But my guess is the employer would probably like how I'm in college and high school...

It doesn't even have to be part time I'd probably be willing to work 30 hours a week, I just said part time because I assume nothing above the rank of "fast food" or "check-out boy" would hire me with my age (17). I'm pretty qualified though I think.

Oh and I don't think I'd go for a job that involves the majority of the working hours doing service. Gah social interaction. Sure I could get cash, but the stress from it just wouldn't be worth it.

So any ideas..?
    "The life of the individual has meaning only insofar as it aids in making the life of every living thing nobler and more beautiful."
    - Albert Einstein

Some kind of administrative/clerical or data-entry job? I got one out of high school (though I had connections lol) but college age is probably appropriate. Pretty easy job, limited social interaction, sitting at a computer all day basically, and better paying than a grocery store worker.

Oh that is a good idea.
    I'm not sure if they have that around here though... I'll keep it in my mind.
    I forgot to mention in the OP. I live in the suburbs (hell).

Hmm one idea I had was, the guy that cleans up movie theaters after movies.
    I would prefer that to selling tickets, talking to people (hmm I would rather deal with trash than people, this is enlightening..)

But yes, any other ideas anyone?
    "The life of the individual has meaning only insofar as it aids in making the life of every living thing nobler and more beautiful."
    - Albert Einstein

Oh yea I didn't think about that, the area... I realise I do work downtown
    I guess cleaning up in a movie theatre could work...
    Maybe a bookstore or library or something. Just cuz that sounds like the kind of place where it's meant to be quiet and less socializing.
    I'm not sure. Just... avoid the mall probably.

Night clerk at a hotel. The pay isn't great, but there's next to no social interaction, and, if you get hired at the right place, you get hours to study.

Good ideas guys, thanks.
    - Albert Einstein

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTj

I work as a translator. Involves zero social interaction. But perhaps it's not very easy to find as a job.
    ENTj 7-3-8 sx/sp

DoubleplusUngoodNonperson Array
    MBTI
    Hype

Become a Security Guard for an office building/downtown highrise building..... you get to put on the cold, emotionless face of NT-ness and fraternizing with clients is usually frowned upon. Plus, some sites/shifts allow you to study while getting paid. Best 2 birds I've ever killed with 1 stone was working at a defense contractor for 3 years. Made over 10/hour to study/read all night and take cat naps. If you like third shifts (you won't talk to anyone for hours at a time), this job is awesome as a student.

I was a shipping cleark for a company for a while, where I simply packaged things for transport and took care of all the shipping details. Never had to deal with really anybody unless there was a problem.
    ...Then I ducked my head and the lights went out, and two guns blazed in the dark;
    And a woman screamed, and the lights went up, and two men lay stiff and stark...

I recommend you to find a local company (small to medium sized - preferably family-run).

Offer to work for free (part-time, of course) for a month and if they're happy with your work they keep you on. If not you'll go (no obligations).

Even if you aren't up to scratch, they'll most probably slip you a few quid for your efforts. Although I'm sure you are up to scratch.

A friend got a job in a bike shop - fixing them out the back. Little social interaction; seemed to like it.