User Tag List

First 123 Last

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4, 7
    Socionics
    IEE

Interesting.. I think my grandpa was a part of the French Legion now that I think about it. He fought for the French army, was imprisoned in the German concentration camp for 10 years, came home with a bad temper and shattered life. He was not French, but enlisted to fight for a foreign nation. I heard he was really unemotional. Most people were scared of him IRL.

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Viv View Post
    Interesting.. I think my grandpa was a part of the French Legion now that I think about it. He fought for the French army, was imprisoned in the German concentration camp for 10 years, came home with a bad temper and shattered life. He was not French, but enlisted to fight for a foreign nation. I heard he was really unemotional. Most people were scared of him IRL.
    If that was after a long time in a German concentration camp I'm really not surprised he was like that. Poor guy.

MBTI
    Ixxx

I would think joining the French Foreign Legion would have a special appeal to ISTPs.

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by YourLocalJesus View Post
    La Légion étrangère. The Foreign Legion. It's got a ring to it, doesn't it?
    I have sometimes thought about how it would be to join the ranks.

Have any of you forumites thought about this excessively?

I am immensely drawn to the almost mystical status they have.
    What status is that? Doing the work that the French deem too dangerous or too dirty to do themselves?

All of their strange traditions, their history, everything. To me, they don't seem to be the traditional xSTJ boring stock soldier types.
    ALL military is "traditional boring xSTJ" organization.

And do you really think the French Foreign Legion officers will give you a lot of leeway for improv? With you being a "cannon meat foreigner" and all?

These guys come from all sorts of backgrounds and nationalities, and they are there because they have potential, because they're rough, and in many cases because they've done something they regret. They want to be someone else. Adventurers, lunatics, misfits. Brave men.
    Don't forget occasional criminal fugitives who fled their country.

This is a place where actions count, not thoughts or words.

I often think of it when everything else just seems black.
    How insanely freeing wouldn't it be to just change name and identity and become someone else for a while? It is a hard but simple existence, I reckon.

Vive le Mort, vive le Guerre, vive le Sacre Legionnairre!
    You're drunk again, aren't you?

I suggest you just join a local martial arts school to deal with your ENTJ bloodlust.

Here is an advice from a friendly former US Marine: Don't let your mouth write checks that your ass can't cash.
    Listen to me, baby, you got to understand, you're old enough to learn the makings of a man.

MBTI
    ENTJ

Edgar, you're funny.
    "Only an irrational dumbass, would burn Jews." - Jaguar

"please give concise answers in plain English" - request from Provoker

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Kangirl View Post
    Edgar, you're funny.

Funny how? Funny like a clown?
    Listen to me, baby, you got to understand, you're old enough to learn the makings of a man.

MBTI
    ENTJ

"Only an irrational dumbass, would burn Jews." - Jaguar

"please give concise answers in plain English" - request from Provoker

Senior Member professor goodstain's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7~7
    Socionics
    IEE

Quote Originally Posted by YourLocalJesus View Post

Good Lord. Do those funky ass uneez gotta be that ball hugging? I'd spend 20 yrs as a truck driver 1st in order to fool those trouzers with a huge midsection and tiny legs. Either way, one is not very mobile. They're soldiers?
    everyone uses every function about evenly. take NE for example. if there are those who don't use it much, then why are there such massive amounts of people constantly flowing through Wallmart with 20 items or less?

DoubleplusUngoodNonperson
    MBTI
    Hype

oh, Edgar's a fellow Teufel Hunden..... neat.

WE GETTIN' ARAB MONEY

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    Si
    Socionics
    ESTP

You should JESUS. Albeit your likely to get disspointed. the French Legion as an organization are nothing like the legendary band of soldiers that they were a few decades ago, that romantized view is gone. Today they have been reduced to a standardized elite troop, with shitty french equipment, operating in counter-insurgency missions in africa, and serving in french colonies. They have nothing of the good ole charming glory of the 20th century, despite having misfits among their ranks.
    Last edited by ColonelGadaafi; 03-29-2009 at 04:18 AM.
    "Where can you flee? What road will you use to escape us? Our horses are swift, our arrows sharp, our swords like thunderbolts, our hearts as hard as the mountains, our soldiers as numerous as the sand. Fortresses will not detain us, nor arms stop us. Your prayers to God will not avail against us. We are not moved by tears nor touched by lamentations."