User Tag List

MBTI
    Enfj
    Enneagram
    2+1
    Socionics
    ?

Default Job advice for a new enfj anyone?

ok, here's the story, and it pretty much takes up a lot of my head space, as I tend to think a lot about this particular subject.

I somehow ended up taking this free course in order to do this technology job, the suckie part is, the pay is really bad for the first 2 years because you get the free course....

Now i have been doing this job for about 8 months now, and there are some days, I just feel like I can't take it anymore.
    Yet, I continue, because it's better than nothing, and I need to feed my children....

What I am saying is that this job is like totally not for me, I have the least amount of techno in me, you know, being an enfj, I am a people person and I really want to just help people, make a difference, save the world, etc. etc.

This job has NONE of that, and to make matters worse, it's dealing with a computer all day long.

Even if I had "some" people interaction, it could be better, but no, NONE. Just me the computer, and coworkers looking at their computers...
    The job is extremely dreary and I don't know how to get out of it now that I have already been trained for this.

I guess it's just hard,to go start over doing something else, and going through the whole "self-marketing" thing again,to find a more suitable job.

What do I do?

I am so not techie...How in the heck did I get into hi-tech?

It's just plain ironic...

The one good thing thats come out of this, that I can think of, is that I have developed that side of me a little, more than I seriously ever imagined possible.

Any thoughts? do enfj 's normally work at jobs they can't stand?
    Any input is greatly appreciated,although I know it's kinda difficult to figure out what I really want here.

I guess I don't even know myself.

Whatever, if nothing else, I was just venting....

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by dee View Post
    ok, here's the story, and it pretty much takes up a lot of my head space, as I tend to think a lot about this particular subject.

I somehow ended up taking this free course in order to do this technology job, the suckie part is, the pay is really bad for the first 2 years because you get the free course....

Now i have been doing this job for about 8 months now, and there are some days, I just feel like I can't take it anymore.
    Yet, I continue, because it's better than nothing, and I need to feed my children....

What I am saying is that this job is like totally not for me, I have the least amount of techno in me, you know, being an enfj, I am a people person and I really want to just help people, make a difference, save the world, etc. etc.

This job has NONE of that, and to make matters worse, it's dealing with a computer all day long.

Even if I had "some" people interaction, it could be better, but no, NONE. Just me the computer, and coworkers looking at their computers...
    The job is extremely dreary and I don't know how to get out of it now that I have already been trained for this.

I guess it's just hard,to go start over doing something else, and going through the whole "self-marketing" thing again,to find a more suitable job.

What do I do?

I am so not techie...How in the heck did I get into hi-tech?

It's just plain ironic...

The one good thing thats come out of this, that I can think of, is that I have developed that side of me a little, more than I seriously ever imagined possible.

Any thoughts? do enfj 's normally work at jobs they can't stand?
    Any input is greatly appreciated,although I know it's kinda difficult to figure out what I really want here.

I guess I don't even know myself.

Whatever, if nothing else, I was just venting....
    If you can get techie enough you can move to training people. ENFJs make great teachers. Maybe even teach computers in a high school or something. Teaching is a great way to learn. If that's something that would appeal to you, use it as motivation to drive yourself forwards to keep learning the boring "techie" stuff.

MBTI
    Enfj
    Enneagram
    2+1
    Socionics
    ?

thanks, training would definately be better, much much better.
    I'll keep that in mind.