• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

MBTI Corp: The Hypothetical 16-Person Company

Moiety

MBTI Type
ISFJ
It's funny because "Public Relations" could be fitting and at the same time it's almost heretic for me. PR have to deal with BS and half-truths and along the line support a certain company idea that goes against their principles.

I'd hate that :)

Kasper

Diabolical
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
The words 'team member' don't sound too great, I'd rather run the team. Research sounds ariite though :)

Lateralus

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
3w4
The INTP job could be interesting, depending on the type of product being engineered.
The problem is, if INTPs were the only type in R&D, this company would never see any results from it. Everything would be only halfway done.

raz

Let's make this showy!
MBTI Type
LoLz
The problem is, if INTPs were the only type in R&D, this company would never see any results from it. Everything would be only halfway done.

Are INTPs really that bad? lol

Samurai Drifter

MBTI Type
INTP
Yeah, we definitely are.

I rarely have the follow-through to finish things, even things that interest me, though there are exceptions. When I'm REALLY interested in something, I rarely finish it because I rarely think it's complete enough.

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
It's funny because "Public Relations" could be fitting and at the same time it's almost heretic for me. PR have to deal with BS and half-truths and along the line support a certain company idea that goes against their principles.

I'd hate that :)

+1

Uytuun

MBTI Type
nnnn
INTJ (NT Rational) - Upper Management. Likely does a lot of the delegating of broader goals to middle management, and translates them into specific tasks to be completed on schedule. Analyzes the overall efficiency of each department and uses this to more effectively delegate these tasks--often an INTJ in the office is a contracted management consultant/efficiency expert. Could also probably use an INTJ or two in the R&D department to keep the NTPs on task.

I quit.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
ENTP (NT Rational) - Head of R&D. Loves to pitch new ideas and product designs and work with others to tweak them to perfection. Probably is the de facto mouthpiece for the R&D team when upper management asks for progress reports and so on. Enthusiasm gets the team motivated to start lots of new ideas, but follow through can be a weakness.

That would be funny, if the REAL business world would work that way.

Managment: "So how is the new project progressing we invested 5 million in ?"

ENTP: "I quit the darn thing, it was boring anyways. I rather like to concentrate on the air conditioner for mountainbikes"

:D

Grayscale

MBTI Type
ISTP
What kind of job do you think would suit you best? I don't know many ISTPs. Enlighten me?

something involving design or troubleshooting, where deductive reasoning skills and a storehouse of knowledge can be combined in a creative way. personally speaking, low tier troubleshooting wouldnt be enough of a challenge for me, but i do enjoy high tier (4 or SME level) troubleshooting, that doesn't come up very often.

unless this is a technology company, then it's not going to be in IT (because that would be a solely operational and not a capital expenditure), probably something more along the lines of design in R&D, as an engineer or a scientist, probably best working with the "ENTP" to take their ideas and figure out how to make them a reality. if you absolutely had to split the INTP and the ISTP into respective positions, theoretically the INTP would be a scientist (interested in theory) and the ISTP would be an engineer (practical application)

Shut up and fix the computers.

never! get out of my office! :ranting: *throws stapler*

rhinosaur

Just a statistic
MBTI Type
INTP
way too boring, not an adequate venue for creativity or learning

What kind of job do you think would suit you best? I don't know many ISTPs. Enlighten me?

Shut up and fix the computers.

I have an ISTP friend who has this precise job, actually.

He does complain about it being boring, though.

I don't think any job where you're expected to do the same thing every day could possibly satisfy an ISTP. Unfortunately, that's kind of the nature of most jobs-- that you do the same thing every day.

Since this is a fictional company, you should make some fictional positions. I want to be hired as the company vagrant!

rhinosaur

Just a statistic
MBTI Type
INTP
unless this is a technology company, then it's not going to be in IT (because that would be a solely operational and not a capital expenditure), probably something more along the lines of design in R&D, as an engineer or a scientist, probably best working with the "ENTP" to take their ideas and figure out how to make them a reality. if you absolutely had to split the INTP and the ISTP into respective positions, theoretically the INTP would be a scientist (interested in theory) and the ISTP would be an engineer (practical application)

never! get out of my office! :ranting: *throws stapler*

ISTP + ENTP = good combo, in my experience.
ENTP ideas are like wild animals that the ISTP can potentially tame.

LOL at the stapler throwing

6sticks

MBTI Type
istp
ISTP - Outside contractor. Does independent field testing of R&D. R&D assumed to include explosives and cutting-edge vehicles.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
ISTP - Outside contractor. Does independent field testing of R&D. R&D assumed to include explosives and cutting-edge vehicles.

R&D will assume to put 6sticks in the car of 6sticks and then bet on, if he will survive the explosion. I go all-in that he does :D