• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

MBTI Corp: The Hypothetical 16-Person Company

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I wrote this, and again, I can't get any of my friends to care.

So I'll pawn it off on you guys...what's everybody think?

ENTJ (NT Rational) - CEO of the company. Oversees each department and communicates directly with department heads. Sets wide-reaching, long-term goals for the company and coordinates all departments to structure an overall business strategy and lead the company to success, in whatever way necessary.

ENFJ (NF Idealist) - Vice President/Director of Human Resources. Shares the CEO's vision for leading the company in creative new directions in an organized and methodical manner, but offers perspective on the more personal, subjective and emotional sides of relations with employees as well as the rest of the business world.

INTJ (NT Rational) - Upper Management. Likely does a lot of the delegating of broader goals to middle management, and translates them into specific tasks to be completed on schedule. Analyzes the overall efficiency of each department and uses this to more effectively delegate these tasks--often an INTJ in the office is a contracted management consultant/efficiency expert. Could also probably use an INTJ or two in the R&D department to keep the NTPs on task.

ESTP (SP Artisan) - Marketing/Advertising Director. Reports directly to the CEO on profitable opportunities to expand the company, enter new markets, make mutually beneficial agreements with other businesses, etc. Likely works with SFPs in the advertising department, except the ESTP provides the selling points and not the visual design.

ENFP (NF Idealist) - Public Relations. The ENFP is the sunny, compassionate public face of the company; s/he meets with representatives from the media, advocacy groups, and politics and maintains positive relations with all of these parties in the best interest of the company's image.

ESTJ (SJ Guardian) - Middle Management/Administrative. Not in control of the company's overall direction or broad-scope strategic planning, but excellent at delegating tasks to lower level employees and translating directives from upper management into tangible results, on schedule!

ENTP (NT Rational) - Head of R&D. Loves to pitch new ideas and product designs and work with others to tweak them to perfection. Probably is the de facto mouthpiece for the R&D team when upper management asks for progress reports and so on. Enthusiasm gets the team motivated to start lots of new ideas, but follow through can be a weakness.

INFP (NF Idealist) - Ethics Advisory Services. May be a company employee or an outside contractor. Are the company's actions and policies consistent with local, state and federal laws as well as morally acceptable by the general public? What can we do to improve the company's overall attention to ethics? INFPs answer these sorts of questions, and they probably wrote the company's mission statement, too.

ESFJ (SJ Guardian) - Customer Service (!) and Inventory. ESFJs are all about making sure their people get the practical materials they need to get their day to day responsibilities done correctly, and done on schedule. This can include employees as well as customers, so the ESFJ is likely also in charge of various maintenance tasks such as ordering business supplies, calling in the ISTP to fix the copy machine, etc.

INTP (NT Rational) - R&D Team Member/Marketing Research. Similar to ENTP, but more focused on analyzing each aspect of each product idea and testing all possibilities for improvement of the product's functionality (not to mention the INTP's own boundless curiosity.) Likely high in intelligence and creativity, with a seemingly endless capacity for engineering new, exciting features for the products--useful or not. Also shows talent for observing trends in market data and using them to project similar future data.

ESFP (SP Artisan) - Front Service, Host, etc. Probably great with store inventory, people and directing customers at retail outlets to the desired items. ESFPs generally seek such employment out of a strong interest in the product itself--this combined with their often personally charming and genial nature will encourage repeat customers while also boosting overall employee morale in the retail outlet.

INFJ (NF Idealist) - Company Psychologist/Counselor, etc. Almost certainly works in HR, and therefore reports directly to the VP/HR Director ENFJ. Strong talents for reading people's emotions and responding empathetically to most any viewpoint; most commonly put to use mediating disputes between employees and providing them psychiatric and emotional support when necessary.

ISTP (SP Artisan) - Network Administrator/Tech Support. The ISTP loves working with his hands and tweaking technology and equipment to figure out how it all works, and keep it in proper working order. Often very talented with inventive but practical solutions to real world logistics problems in the office.

ISTJ (SJ Guardian) - Accountant, Legal Services, etc. These are the nuts and bolts of the company's employee base, and they can always be depended upon to provide consistent, accurate and unbiased reports on the company's finances and other practical, objective matters. Takes duties extremely seriously and applies a cautious, conservative and detail-oriented approach to workplace matters.

ISFJ (SJ Guardian) - Personal Assistant, Bookkeeper, Secretary, etc. May officially hold a variety of different maintenance and mid-level jobs, but frequently ends up taking on many more tasks than s/he can or should be expected to handle. Often does not receive due recognition for his/her efforts and abilities due to desire to avoid "showing off", and this can stunt the ISFJ's upward movement in the company, but his/her consistent willingness to work hard, meet deadlines and help other employees in thoughtful and practical ways proves the ISFJ's value as a team member.

ISFP (SP Artisan) - Advertising/Artistic Services. Serves the company's need for artistic and aesthetic applications, such as designing its logo or writing its radio jingle. May work for the company full time or as an outside contractor. The ISFP uses his/her natural sense of visual aesthetics to advise the company on the physical appearance of its public outlets, employees and offices to create the most inviting sales environment possible.

Cimarron

IRL is not real
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Neat. That part does sound a lot like what my ISFJ mom does at work.

FDG

pathwise dependent
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w8
I don't know, I think I would enjoy more the place of the ENTP. Yet, perhaps I would be better suited to the place of the ENTJ, provided that the firm's was operating in an innovative field.

Nigel Tufnel

MBTI Type
ENTP
nice

I work in the tech industry, and I'd say over half of all companies I've come across were started by ENTPs, and over half now have ENTJ CEOs

Fs mostly end up in sales, HR, or PR, seen a couple Fs with engineering degrees move through product marketing on their way to PR

seen a lot of top school STJs get misplaced into strategic jobs, and get very frustrated, once saw a Harvard-educated STJ get visibly concerned that no one had signed off on meeting minutes, meanwhile his company had 2 weeks of cash in the bank

ESTPs are also weak at strategy, but make excellent sales engineers, they're the best at explaining the ins and outs of a technical product to a customer

Valiant

Courage is immortality
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Dude, you are being kind to the SJ's. What type is the janitor and other low-level jobs?

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
hey...i like it and yep that's what i'd be best at too.

Poser

Fe, rusted.
MBTI Type
INTP
Another good position for an ISFJ would be project management.

Valiant

Courage is immortality
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Too bad they come in dozens instead of millions :D

Tiltyred

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I have an ISFJ job but I get asked by HR to do my INFJ thing as a mentor, and if I say so myself, I am seriously good at "mediating disputes between employees and providing them psychiatric and emotional support when necessary."

Grayscale

MBTI Type
ISTP
ISTP (SP Artisan) - Network Administrator/Tech Support. The ISTP loves working with his hands and tweaking technology and equipment to figure out how it all works, and keep it in proper working order. Often very talented with inventive but practical solutions to real world logistics problems in the office.

way too boring, not an adequate venue for creativity or learning

BlueScreen

Fail 2.0
MBTI Type
YMCA
ENFP (NF Idealist) - Public Relations. The ENFP is the sunny, compassionate public face of the company; s/he meets with representatives from the media, advocacy groups, and politics and maintains positive relations with all of these parties in the best interest of the company's image.

Would be good at it and it would be great for the company to have an ENFP as the face, but it wouldn't be a bad idea to put the ENFP closer to the ideas table some of the time also. It is wasting a pretty valuable resource just using them for this. Maybe give ENFP a few jobs, let them be their random self.

Athenian200

Protocol Droid
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Hmm... I like the perspective you give on the types. It's helping me see them and their potential in a more positive light.

I can see how all the things you said would seem to apply. I'm always interested in seeing people try to correlate types with other things.

raz

Let's make this showy!
MBTI Type
LoLz
The ISTP job seems more interesting to me than the ISTJ job. I'd probably be caught flirting with the ISFJs, though.

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Would be good at it and it would be great for the company to have an ENFP as the face, but it wouldn't be a bad idea to put the ENFP closer to the ideas table some of the time also. It is wasting a pretty valuable resource just using them for this. Maybe give ENFP a few jobs, let them be their random self.

True. ENFPs are awfully good at brainstorming!

I guess I was just applying the most obvious job to each type's common talents...didn't mean to imply that different types can't do that job! If this were a real company I would be working in R&D and I certainly wouldn't mind an ENFP or two in there to help out with pitching new ideas.

'Course, I've got a soft spot for your ENFPs anyway ;)

Mycroft

The elder Holmes
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
way too boring, not an adequate venue for creativity or learning

I have an ISTP friend who has this precise job, actually.

He does complain about it being boring, though.