User Tag List

First 12

MBTI
    INfp
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INFp None

Also Bronte, when you have an end in sight (such as the New Year) it gets easier. Just pace yourself and give yourself some time to catch your breath. Four weeks isn't THAT long... you can do it!

Wait till life throws an impossible situation at you and doesn't offer any end in sight. That's when things get interesting.

MBTI
    infp

Quote Originally Posted by ThatsWhatHeSaid View Post
    Have you considered giving up completely?
    Yes and that scares the hell out of me - I dont know what else I'd do - or how I'd manage on less money and there are aspects of the job I love and I do love the variety

I have to learn to be ok with doing less and doing things less well - I've dealt with my perfectionism to a certain degree but I still have very high standards and hate letting people down

so some of it is personal and some of it is about modern orgainisations that just expect too much from employees
    I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.
    Maya Angelou

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

I'm kind of in that situation with work right now. Sometimes it helps to just see the humor and absurdity in things. I usually by thinking about how I've tied myself up with my thoughts, "defects," and the situation. It's sorta...funny, I guess.

MBTI
    infp

Quote Originally Posted by Udog View Post
    Also Bronte, when you have an end in sight (such as the New Year) it gets easier. Just pace yourself and give yourself some time to catch your breath. Four weeks isn't THAT long... you can do it!

Wait till life throws an impossible situation at you and doesn't offer any end in sight. That's when things get interesting.
    I suppose so - (the worst is over then but there are new challenges next year which I worry will be just as difficult) but like you said when youve lost perspective it seems like forever and if it was just the amount of work it would be fine but Ive got to do lots of stuff I've never done before and dont feel at all confident about to cover for those off sick - I hate making a mess of things!

BUT - yes I will do it - I will see it through and then I know I need to do some serious thinking about whats going on cos this is not how I want to live
    I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.
    Maya Angelou

MBTI
    infp

Quote Originally Posted by ThatsWhatHeSaid View Post
    I'm kind of in that situation with work right now. Sometimes it helps to just see the humor and absurdity in things. I usually by thinking about how I've tied myself up with my thoughts, "defects," and the situation. It's sorta...funny, I guess.
    I can do this with my work mates who are really the only reason I keep going in at present - through all the shit we make each other laugh - to the point of hysteria
    Maya Angelou

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by bronte View Post
    I can do this with my work mates who are really the only reason I keep going in at present - through all the shit we make each other laugh - to the point of hysteria
    DING DING DING!

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTj

This time of the year is always the worst for this thing; right now too I have 2 part-time jobs and 2 papers due the next week. The best thing to do is to never procrastinate, so that the pile of work is not too high.
    ENTj 7-3-8 sx/sp

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w8

Back in college this happened all the time. I miss it terribly...

Stuff that has worked for me:

You've gotta get some tunnel vision and chunk it.
    English translation: Shut out all thoughts of what you need to do. Just pick a task and do it. Engage in escapism during breaks (watching TV usually works), then put the blinders back on and tackle the next chunk. Don't think. Just do.

If your tunnel vision/ blinders fail you, you could become a masochist. Enjoy the pain. Find pleasure in the adrenaline rush, and let it carry you through your tasks faster and better than you ever thought possible. (Yeah, this one's kinda sick, but if it works... )

Lastly, if you can convince yourself that you'll get it done no matter how ridiculous it seems, that'll help a lot. Humans are capable of the most amazing things when under pressure. Good luck!

"OMG I FEEEEEEEEEL SO INTENSELY ABOUT EVERYTHING OMG OMG OMG GET ME A XANAX" -Priam (ENFP impersonation)

MBTI
    infp

Quote Originally Posted by phoenix13 View Post
    put the blinders back on and tackle the next chunk. Don't think. Just do.
    love it!! this is just what Ive got to do!! presently have had three glassses of wine and dont give a **** It will all come out in the wash as we say in the blighty:
    Maya Angelou