User Tag List

First 12

MBTI
    yupp

not really, I mean yes to the point of it destroys the other person's life. I've seen it happen, she lives her life around someone she never met, kept saying he'd make it better and that's why she listened to him so much that if he took her away her life would magically get better. Or if she could meet him same thing. She even planned to move to London (where he lives) in hopes of meeting him after she graduated. She tried to kill herself. When she's drunk she talk to him like he's in the room.

I enjoy "magical thinking" but at the end of the day I realize it's "magical thinking" and go on with my life.
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    the chance of anyone meeting her is expotentionaly less then someone who is meeting their celebrity, and the chance of them not being disappointed that this person does not live up to the image is even
    that sexual obsessions with tv characters are creepy. And that their isn't much of a chance meeting one, even less then meeting someone's celebrity. and that an idealized version of a person will never be met in real life if idealized to an extreme.
    I meant favorite celebrity. But more like the one celebrity they are obsessed with.
    Okay, how about something like this:

The chances of a celebrity living up to his or her fanatic's expectations are slim to none. Disillusionment is certain.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

The celebrity is not only worshiped, but idealized in the eyes of the fan. The fan has no chance of meeting this person because the idealized celebrity is a fiction that exists only in the hopes and fantasies of the fan. Ultimately, the celebrity, like the fan, is plagued with character flaws and real-life problems and is therefore bound to disappoint the adoring fan who confuses fantasy and reality.

MBTI
    yupp

another question: does statutory rape have an upper limit on age range? like would a relationship between two consenting individuals of fifty years apart still be statutory rape?
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

another question: does statutory rape have an upper limit on age range? like would a relationship between two consenting individuals of fifty years apart still be statutory rape?
    I think one partner needs to be under 18, while the other one is over. In some cases, I think there are exceptions when the older partner is less than 2 years older than the younger, but don't quote me on that.

Reigning Bologna Princess Rajah's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram

Why would meeting an actor on a TV show be more improbable than meeting one particular celebrity?

Unless you mean meeting a person who embodies the characteristics of that TV character, in which case:

"No person can embody every characteristic of a fictional character. Fictional characters are by design narrowly-drawn and idealized. Meeting anyone with an equal lack of depth is far more unlikely than even running into Brad Pitt on the street and starting a romantic relationship; though highly improbable, marrying Brad Pitt is theoretically conceivable. However, individuals who idealize and sexualize fictional television characters inevitably set themselves up for disappointment because fantasy will never wholly reflect reality."

I think that's what you're trying to say... :/

I... suppose. Yeah!

Reigning Bologna Princess Rajah's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by ThatsWhatHeSaid View Post
    I think one partner needs to be under 18, while the other one is over. In some cases, I think there are exceptions when the older partner is less than 2 years older than the younger, but don't quote me on that.
    There are, but those laws are designed to cover situations where (usually) two minors get it on. We have icky feelings about prosecuting a 17-year-old guy who has a sexual relationship with a 16-year-old girl, or vice versa - and rightly so.

I... suppose. Yeah!

MBTI
    INTJ

I meant favorite celebrity. But more like the one celebrity they are obsessed with.
    You need to use the word "favorite" it doesn't make enough sense otherwise.

MBTI
    INTJ

So I'm writing a paper (please ignore typos or grammatical errors, or don't actually feel free to correct them) and I wrote "the chance of anyone meeting her is expotentionaly less then someone who is meeting their celebrity, and the chance of them not being disappointed that this person does not live up to the image is even" (do I use less or more their I was thinking less as in less of a chance, but then I wondered if it wasn't more like more exponetially less of a chance)? it's probably less but I've confused myself.
    I think it's "less". You could clarify by saying "less than the chance of someone meeting their favorite celebrity..."

MBTI
    yupp

i think i might have taken this part out of the paper actually.
    In no likes experiment.

that is all