• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Ethnography Assignment Help

Aerithria

Senior Thread Terminator
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
I'm working on an anthropology assignment where we're supposed to do an ethnography of social interaction. I'm hoping to do mine based on personality type interactions versus interactions between members of differing gender identities, and I'm hoping to use some of the stuff that goes on here in my data.

For what I'm planning to do, I wouldn't need to directly quote anyone. I'm mostly just looking to observe what goes on here and compare it to social stereotypes.

Essentially, I need consent before I'm allowed to use any information I find here. This is just an assignment, and it won't be published. Only my professor and myself will see it, and possibly a third party marker. All the information I take will be anonymous. The only print screen I'd be taking would be of this thread. Anyone who consents will have their names and avatars removed, and anyone who doesn't won't have their post showing when I turn it in. I would only use information found in the posts of the members who do consent.

Anyways, all I can do is ask. And mods, if this is somehow violating some law that I either don't know or conveniently forgot, feel free to delete this.

Athenian200

Protocol Droid
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
I don't think there's any law against using publicly viewable information that isn't copyrighted. You're on very safe ground if people consent to your using it. Especially for an assignment rather than for profit or distribution.

Aerithria

Senior Thread Terminator
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
I don't think there's any law against using publicly viewable information that isn't copyrighted. You're on very safe ground if people consent to your using it. Especially for an assignment rather than for profit.
Hm, I never even considered copyright laws. I was actually referring to forum ethics, but that's definitely good to know. I would've probably guessed otherwise, had it crossed my mind.