User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Minister of Propagandhi ajblaise's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Usehername View Post
    I am very knowledgeable on about 1/2 of the Canadian universities....
    Someone loves college...

College is nice, I enjoyed some parts of it, and disliked others.. I went to the University at Albany, which is a semi-big party school.. that part kinda got old fast. The academics weren't great. I dropped out early to start my career, and have been very glad I made this decision.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by ajblaise View Post
    Someone loves college...

College is nice, I enjoyed some parts of it, and disliked others.. I went to University at Albany, which is a semi-big party school.. that part kinda got old fast. The academics weren't great. I dropped out early to start my career, and have been very glad I made this decision.
    Well there's only a few dozen in total, so knowing half of them isn't actually that big of a feat. I just was excited for university and was planning since about grade 10.
    *You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body.
    *Faith is the art of holding on to things your reason once accepted, despite your changing moods.
    C.S. Lewis

Minister of Propagandhi ajblaise's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Usehername View Post
    Well there's only a few dozen in total, so knowing half of them isn't actually that big of a feat. I just was excited for university and was planning since about grade 10.
    Yeah I was just thinking about that possibility. How many universities can there be for a total of 200 people..

MBTI
    INFJ

Thanks for writing, Usehername. We have a neighbor who chose UBC 20 years ago; she had a 4th-floor corner dorm room with a view to Shangri-la and she was in Heaven.

On the other hand, one of my college roommates started at McGill and hated it; she transferred to our college in blue collar Worcester and loved it.

We're unlikely to choose a Canadian school because the ones we know don't have her fields, but the exchange rate has tempted some families in the past.

What's your major? - sorry if you already mentioned this in another thread.
    Proud Female Rider in Maverick's Bike Club.

MBTI
    INxJ

I had a close friend that went to U Chicago. He loved it. He was a very introverted and serious young man. A brilliant math major. He found his place there easily.
    Last edited by 01011010; 11-24-2008 at 10:05 PM.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ENTp

Quote Originally Posted by ajblaise View Post
    Someone loves college...

College is nice, I enjoyed some parts of it, and disliked others.. I went to the University at Albany, which is a semi-big party school.. that part kinda got old fast. The academics weren't great. I dropped out early to start my career, and have been very glad I made this decision.
    Lol, I am applying to Albany Medical college right now. Bastards still didn't send me a secondary even though my stats are way above their's.

To answer the OP, I was a total retard in HS and didn't give a crap about anything related to school. Most of my time was spent occupying various administration buildings and the such. Thus I ended up at the University of New Mexico, which I love more than anything in the world, because it is home. I got my crap together in college though, and it looks like I am moving to st. louis missouri to go to WashU med school, that is unless UNM gives me an offer I can't refuse.

The most important thing to consider about an undergrad school, is how much they focus on allowing Undergrads to participate in things that would make them better graduates with better stats to apply to the best grad schools. See how much they encourage research and how open the faculty is. If your daughter can participate in research/communitty service and excell in both while in college, she will be better off than most when applying to any type of grad school there is.
    Seek freedom and become captive of your desires, seek discipline and find your liberty.

"If you go looking for something in particular, your chances of finding it are very bad, because of all the things in the world, you're only looking for one of them. If you go looking for anything at all, your chances of finding it are very good, because of all the things in the world, you're sure to find some of them."

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

Default RE: Your College - Love It or ???

???.

I only had the opportunity to go to community college, and it eventually became a mindless routine for me. Part of the reason I stayed was so I could stay on my parents' health insurance, but in the process, I lost perspective and enthusiasm for the future.

It just seems that schools try to make students unhappy because they make them take all the classes they don't want to take or don't even need.

For me, school has just sucked away my ambitious dreams I once had during high school. (And I wasn't able to take the classes that matched my intellectual potential in high school, either, because I was forced in special ed.)

MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7

I am currently a student at Duke.
    I'm enjoying my college experience a lot.
    I wouldn't consider myself a member of the 'mainstream culture' at Duke but I have a great group of friends which helps makes things sweet.

It isn't as intellectual as the University of Chicago but there are definitely intellectual niches at Duke.
    MBTI Type: iNTj
    Enneagram Type: 3w4 sp/sx

MBTI
    INFJ

Thanks, Mondo. Glad to hear you're enjoying college. I've been to Duke - I visited a friend who went there and eventually lived in the Duke Forest - and it is sweet.
    Proud Female Rider in Maverick's Bike Club.

MBTI
    INFP

University of Utah

Graduating this semester with a BA in English. The only critique I have regarding my university experience lies in the fact that I went to University with my high school friends. Granted, it was great going to university with them, but I guess I missed out on the outgoing social aspect that university provides. I never really branched out to other people in or outside of my classes. A skill I'll probably have some difficulty learning post-university, when many of my friends move away.
    I may be bested in battle, but I shall never be defeated.