User Tag List

12 Last

MBTI
    yupp

Default Paper on transphobia

So anyone know where I can find a reliable source that has the rate of transphobic crimes per country? I'm trying to think of how to word it in google, to figure this out.
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

MBTI
    INFP

Again, Happy Birthday, prpl.

Your post caught my eye this morning. I hadn't been aware that we now have a new word for human unhappiness and discrimination. Sigh.

So my curiousity sent me to google for a moment. I have trouble accessing/narrowing down the information I'm seeking also. The community services offers a class in researching via computer and I never get around to taking it.

This site came up and it looks promising:

NationMaster - Encyclopedia: Transphobia

I'd be interested in hearing more about what you find.

Good luck!
    "No ray of sunshine is ever lost, but the green which it awakes into existence needs time to sprout, and it is not always granted to the sower to see the harvest. All work that is worth anything is done in faith." - Albert Schweitzer

MBTI
    yupp

I might not be doing this topic, I'm having a hard time finding anything concrete. I only have a week. I really wanted to do this topic, oh well maybe I can reasearch this on my own over winter break.
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

MBTI
    INFP

What are you interested in finding? The correllatiion between discrimination and culture?

Did that source have anything to offer?

Edit: Do you feel old yet? ; )
    "No ray of sunshine is ever lost, but the green which it awakes into existence needs time to sprout, and it is not always granted to the sower to see the harvest. All work that is worth anything is done in faith." - Albert Schweitzer

MBTI
    yupp

I feel no different then I did a week ago

but I'm back to doing this topic. Right now I'm reasearching Hijras in India

full topic: specifically which countries have a higher incidence of transphobia what about that culture makes it so high or low? I'll probably pick 3 countries one with a very high rate of transphobia, one in the middle, and one with a low rate.
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

MBTI
    INFP

Okay.

Sounds like a huge task.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Let me see what I can find out for you, hon.

I'll get back to you later today or this evening on it, hopefully.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    yupp

I found something weeeee! I think I can find what I need easier now. I always have issues finding that first source.
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Cool.

I've asked a few friends who I know are versed in the topic, so if they get back to me with more sources, I'll feed them to you.

There's also a 20/20 special on tonight about the transman who had a baby recently and is now apparently pregnant AGAIN. I don't know if that will be relevant in any way to what you're looking for.

Also, look up Angie Zapatos (?) out in Colorado, if you want a specific instance of trans violence. She was bludgeoned to death over the summer by a paramour, when he found out she was trans. But there's many others out there too.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft