• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

St. John's College

Jae Rae

Free-Rangin' Librarian
MBTI Type
INFJ
Is anyone a graduate (Annapolis or Santa Fe)?

They offer one undergrad degree in the Great Books. [They also offer a graduate degree in Eastern classics.] They aren't Ivy League, but a large percentage of grads go on to get advanced degrees, go to med school, law school, business school, etc.

I have 2 friends who went there and they swear by the place. One of them went on to get the Eastern classics graduate degree. I'm curious what others' experience has been.

Discuss pros, cons, rigor, further degrees, etc.

Lotr246

I'd like to hear about your friends' experience there. I am considering their graduate program in the liberal arts.

Jae Rae

Free-Rangin' Librarian
MBTI Type
INFJ
I don't know about the graduate program in the liberal arts. One of my friends got a masters in Eastern Classics (or Studies). He loved both programs (under and graduate).

I could put you in touch with him if interested.

Nyx

I'm bringing this thread back because this is my number one choice for a school. Does anyone here have any anecdotal information about it?

Anyone who is an INTX and college-bound should look into this school. Or enneagram 5w4. It is so atypical and has a delicious, overly cerebral environment.